Saturday, November 20, 2010

DAY 6: TOLLAND PARK SANTA PAULA

3 Miles  +250 Feet
6 Day Summary: 22 Miles  +4150 Feet
This hike was a wet, rainy dud!  I don't recommend coming here on any day.  It's got to be the most miserable place in the summer time because temperatures in this area commonly climb over 100 degrees and there is no shade.  I woke up to a torrential downpour this morning.  A winter storm!  Ok, not really, but the joke in California is; if it rains, it must be a winter storm.  
I made coffee and oatmeal for the wife and I.  Alyssa slept in, as usual but Ayden was up at the but crack of dawn, as usual.  My plans to take him to Two Trees were wiped out and I did not have a back up plan.  Knowing I needed to be somewhere at 11am, I didn't have much time to pick a spot.  I fired up the computer and found a blog of hidden gems in Ventura County.  Let me tell you, there is a reason why this place is hidden.  Check the video:
I've never uploaded a video on this before so I hope it works out.  I edited it down to about 5 minutes.  I warn you now, it's boring, but at least the dogs had some wondrous wet fun.  As I write this, the sky is clear and I the Channel Islands are cleanly visible from the window by this desk.  I guess I should have waited till now to hike, but it's all good, except for my earache!
If you are interested in checking out this spot, take the 126 East from Ventura.  The turn off to Toland Rd is exactly 2.8 miles from the Halcock Traffic light on the 126.  Turn left across the highway and you're there.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More