Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 822: Quick Draw at Paramount Ranch - Coyote Trail

Save the Clock Tower

Day #822 * Hike #1026 * New Track #808
Friday February 15, 2013
Quick Draw - Paramount Ranch - Agoura, CA

Coyote Trail
My Tripometer: 1.25 Hours * 2.75 Miles * +100 Feet

It was another blah week of hiking, trouncing on new yet blah type trails.  So to spice things up, I went back to Paramount Ranch to explore the regions that I have not trekked over yet.




Directions:
This was my second visit to the old movie set since beginning my 1000 Day adventure.  For driving instructions pleas follow: Day 639: Paramount Ranch

 


Walking in to Western Town, I found myself on set.  I asked a security guard, who was actually an actor with broken English, and he told me they were filming the TV Show Quick Draw.  From what I could gather with the actresses dressed all pretty and the dudes just being rugged, this must be some sort of challenge to win over the women.  Just a guess.  We'll prolly see it air on NBC or one of those next works next year...

 Onward with the hike, this way...
 Found the Coyote Trailhead

On my last visit to Paramount, I had intended to hike this trail but somehow wound up at Malibu Lake.  Speaking of Quick Draw, if I recall correctly one of the residents of that community warned that he will shoot me if I trespass on his property...

 Fine, let's check it out...

 Joy, a picnic table

The views up here were pretty neat, but I chose not to include them on this post.  There is a trail that makes its way past the table.  I forced my way through it for a moment and then turned back.  It wasn't a legit trail.


 I went this way

 Then I went right; many options...

 Nice shaded areas back here

This was the 2nd dead end trail that I passed
I considered taking it, but I didn't want to get shot, lol

 This way...

A deer lurking at me

I climbed the hill up here to attempt a better shot.  I discovered a second doe but they both took off before I could Quick Draw.  I guess I lost this week's episode.  Okay, back to the show...

 Balanced Rock?

 Back into a field

 Back into the shade; I jogged a good portion of this
 

After circling the perimeter of the park, I turned right here...

 Met back up with the water

 Back in town

 Photo Shoot

Perfect Hiking Shoes


**I am in training for Mt. Whitney.  Obviously this hike lacks elevation gain and distance but stay tuned.  Ayden and I just tackled our biggest climb to date.  I will update that post; when I can :)

1 comment:

  1. Least costly Cigarette Cartons

    Doctor. Bright stirred his coffee accompanied by a spoon Cheap Marlboro 100'S Cigarettes Online, taking a tough moment to relish the aroma. One unusual part of his bond with the help of 963 is that particular sensations were completely different in each overall body he occupied. Styles were slightly completely different, smells triggered completely different emotions, and coffee less expensive instant coffee was basically unusually good through this body. Who knew that her chimpanzee's taste sprouts and instant coffees got along which means well?

    "Good afternoon, old chap. inch Dr. Kain's nails clacked at the tile floor for the reason that he trotted towards the break room. "Got what's promising and some unhealthy news. First the best news: 682 escaped again yesterday. "

    Dr. Smart furrowed his brow. "You're driving my leg. If employing good news barked luckily. "I'm not undertaken yet! 682 wrapped the vehicle around a cedar at 150mph Marlboro Cigarettes Size. The airbag don't deploy. The enormous bad lizard might be dead Cheap Cigarettes Nearby Cheap Carton Of Newport Cigarettes. ".

    ReplyDelete

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More