Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 830: Hueneme Wharf Plaza - Lighthouse - Port Hueneme

Lighthouse Beach

Day #830 * Hike #1034 * New Track #813
Saturday  February 23, 2013 ***Happy Birthday Hilary! (My Sister)
Hueneme Wharf Plaza - Lighthouse - Port Hueneme, CA

My Tripometer: 45 Minutes * 1.5 Miles * +0 Feet

 Trailhead

Directions:
Free 2 Hour Parking on Market Street!  This is huge because if you park on Surfside or in the beach parking lots, you'll have to pay to park.  Of course, you can always park for free at Chill Out Frozen Yogurt and then just walk a quarter mile to the beach...

 Here is your hike...

 Anacapa

 Difficult Windy Conditions...

 The Lighthouse

 Looking into the Port Hueneme Naval Base

 Silverstrand around the jetty...

Looking back at Hueneme Pier & Boney Mountain

This was hardly a difficult hike.  My goal was to tackle some serious trails every weekend but the time did not allow me to reach the real forest today.  I decided to venture down this way because Chill Out Frozen Yogurt receives many Panini sales from the Long Shoremen.  So, I drove by the docks and then found this pavement.  I decided to take a stroll, hence the hike...


Forward:

Day #831 * Hike #1035 * New Track #814
Old Baldwin Road - Ojai
Sunday February 24, 2013
My Tripometer: 45 Minutes * 1.75 Miles * +25 Feet

On Sunday I took some time out in the morning to venture near the National Forest.  I revisted:  
Day 615: Ventura River Preserve

**If you can tell from my hike on Saturday, I went hiking with my old spotty camera.  So today I just went cameraless.  Personal problems I suppose, I was having some camera issues but have since remedied theses issues.

Anyhow, today I zipped back and forth on the side trails that I did not hit with Ayden last time around.  Oh yes, I recalled my searching for the Geocaches out here but I did not come across them.  I didn't spend too much time searching, but I would lie if I said my eyese weren't stretched open hoping to catch a glimpse.

***Well, back to the Chill Out Frozen Yogurt Shop.  I worked the rest of the day, into the evening and finally came home after 11:00pm.  Back up at 6am for my real job, no not hiking, debt collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More