Sunday, April 8, 2012

Days 490 - 494

Day #490 * Hike #553 * New Track #492
Monday March 19, 2012
Rancho Conejo Open Space - Newbury Park, California

My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 3.75 Miles * +650 Feet

**After the Palm Springs Trip, I misplaced my camera?  After work this week, I decided to go back to the Rancho Conejo Open Space and explore some of the single track routes off the main trail.  Today, I set off down the Gateway to the Arroyo Trail.  I did this just a week or so prior.  I bypassed the Abandoned Car Trail and worked my way toward Happy Valley.  However, I sidestepped along a single track to the right and rounded back to Happy Valley through the thick grass.  I then looped all the way around and ended up at Baxter. 

Day #491 * Hike #554 * New Track #493
Tuesday March 20, 2012
Rancho Conejo Open Space - Newbury Park, California

My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 2.5 Miles * +525 Feet

Similar to what I did yesterday, I ventured up a hill on the right of the main trail, cut across the top and crossed over the route that I did on Monday.  I then rounded back to Happy Valley and then back to the car.  This week was busy because we were all stressed out with Alyssa's arm and I began evicting my tenant while painting my condo...


Day #492 * Hike #555 * Duplicate Track
Wednesday March 21, 2012
Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, California

My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 3 Miles * +400 Feet

It was a good day to run Sammi through the backyard.  I found my camera, on my desk!!!  I then uploaded my photos from Palm Springs and updated the blog that night...


Day #493 * Hike #556 * New Track #494
Thursday March 22, 2012
The Cape at Westin Vilage - Ventura, California

My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 2.5 Miles * +25 Feet

Working on my condo vigorously after work, Ayden and I met up with Jess across the street at Macaroni Grill.  We walked around the Barnes and Nobles shopping center and then walked along the greenbelts at our condo.  We use to tramp these grounds with my dogs several years ago so it was pretty cool just walking around at night, stretching the legs and reminiscing.  After the break, the night continued with more painting...


Day #494 * Hike #557 * New Track #495
Friday March 23, 2012
Los Robles Trail - Thousand Oaks, California

Foothill Road to Triunfo Park
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 2.75 Miles * +400 Feet

From Foothill Road, I followed the good trail to the back road.  I was here about a month prior.  Today I cut left and connected the route to the Triunfo Trail which I hiked over a year ago.  After the first hill up, it was a mostly pleasurable run across the back side and down to the park.  Of course, then I had to climb back up and run back.  Overall, pretty easy route under good conditions. 

(Earlier that morning, Alyssa finally went into surgery to insert a needle into her arm and casted it for protection.  Just as her arm began to heal and fuse the wrong way, the doctors had to reset it again and the next few nights for her were horrible!)  Her healing process is now a week behind because of poor health insurance!  This is outrageous but at least she is finally on track to recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More