Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 677: Carpeinteria Salt Marsh Nature Park - Sandyland Cove - Carpenteria Bathing Beach


Amtrak chugs way through the Salt Marsh

Day #677 * Hike #816 * New Track #667
Sunday September 23, 2012
Carpinteria Salt Marsh Nature Park - Carpinteria, CA
Carpenteria Bathing Beach - Sandyland Cove
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2.5 Miles * +25 Feet
 
 
 Trailhead

Directions
From the south (Ventura) take the 101 North to Carp.  Take exit 86 and turn left on Casitas Pass Road.  Turn right on Carpinteria Ave.  Turn left down Linden Ave.  Just before the beach, turn right on Sandyland Rd.  Park anywhere.  The trailhead is all the way down at the end of the road...

 I walked the trail while the kids hung out at the beach

 I took the boardwalk to the beach


 the kids were to the left; I hiked to the right

 ...

 The End...

I've hiked to this before and even dashed across the water to the island.  However, today instead of hiking back I decided to walk up the stairs.  I thought it was private property but...

 Keep going...

 A hidden beach cove

 I walked (ran) through the Private Sandyland Cove neighborhood

 I'm going the wrong way but I see a bridge...

 ah, a trailhead...

 Crossing the Salt Marsh...

Heading back

 Awesome views, easy to follow trail


 Reuniting with the family


Dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More