Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 683: The Wash from First to Madera - Simi Valley

Life!

Day #683 * Hike #822 * New Track #668
Saturday September 29, 2012
The Wash from First Street to Madera - Simi Valley CA
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 2.75 Miles * +50 Feet
 
 
 Trailhead

Directions:
From the 118 Freeway in Simi Valley, exit on First Street and head south for about a mile.  Cross over LA Ave. and then find a place to park.  I picked the Shell station next to the car wash which will be on the left side of the street if you're coming from the 118.  I actually was coming the other way dropping my son off at diving...

 Once you hit the bike path, turn right and follow the stream downhill...

At first I began walking east towards Erringer.  I got about as far as I did that day that I hiked with a three-year-old from Erringer.  I then turned around and began my jog...

 Homeless sighting under the LA Ave. Bridge

A long way to go...

 In the distance...

The Madera Road Bridge

Life

At this point, I turned around to race back to pick up my son from club diving.  I have hiked most of the Simi Valley Wash.  About a year ago, I hiked on the other side of Madera but not actually to Madera.  Therefore, I have possibly two Wash Hikes left in me.  One by Madera and One at Tapo Canyon Road to the east...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More