Monday, October 15, 2012

Days: 685 - 689

A block from Capitol Records (Day 687)

**Original Story has been deleted.  According to my blog stats, it was viewed by seven unique visitors.

 
Day #685 & 686 * Hike #824 & 825 * Dulpicate Tracks
Monday & Tuesday October 1st & 2nd, 2012
Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 3 Miles * +350 Feet  /  2 Hours * 2 Miles +100 Feet
 
Monday was the long run and the four kids running with me discovered a new trail to climb.  It resulted in a sweaty walk up a steep hill and then concluded with some roller coaster running.  We were the last group back to base and the hard work paid off.  I weighed myself that next morning and for the first time in a long time, I weighed under 210 pounds!
 
Tuesday was our 800 meter sprints.  Opening up the stride is always fun and beneficial for the long term metabolism and strength.  I'm starting to feel like my old self again with all this running!
 
Day #687 * Hike #826 * New Track #670
Wednesday October 3, 2012
Capitol Records - Hollywood, CA
My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 2 Miles * +125 Feet
 
I was called down for a casting call for a random show.  Due to a confidentiality disclosure, I am not allowed to reveal the show but things did go very well and there will be more posts in the upcoming weeks following up this story. 
 
Meanwhile, I wasn't able to ride all the way out here without checking out the town.  I hiked this hilly area and snapped some photos with my phone.  Nothing too special here - just a hike through the concrete jungle...


Day #688 * Hike #827 * Duplicate Track
Thursday October 4, 2012
Arroyo Verde - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 2 Miles * +175 Feet
 
Our club running distances are getting longer.  However, today I was watching a 3-year-old for the first half hour.  With him on my shoulders, I conquered the first set of hills.  The runners today were instructed to go easy and since I placed myself with the slower kids, I ran as the sweeper.  After dropping off the tot, I rejoined the bantams and gremlins for the final twenty minutes...
 
Day #689 * Hike #828 * Duplicate Track
Friday October 5, 2012
Arroyo Verde - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 2.5 Miles * +375 Feet
 
With no kids around, I ran with Sammi on the harder horseshoe trail.  I finished this week at 208 pounds!  Booya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More