Thursday, January 7, 2016

52 POUNDS in 52 WEEKS: Week 0 - Life or Death

240.9 Pounds

52 Pounds in 52 Weeks!

January 1st, 2016:
At age 41, it really becomes about quality of life.  I am not me these days.  I haven't been who I am in a long while, and I only have me to blame.  I no longer have that gusto - hiking 1000 Days in a row seems like eons ago...

The weight in the picture above is correct.  I did not "water up", because if I had, I could have easily reached 255.  I only shared a bottle of champagne with my wife on New Year's Eve, and we were in bed before 11:00pm.  So, I wasn't feeling all full and bloated, which means, I've become accustomed to this obesity and at 5'10", this weight is no longer acceptable!

In the past I have entered fat loss contests; will lose 30 pounds in 6 weeks.  Perhaps I could still do that, but I really don't think so.  I feel like crap.  In fact, I stayed home from work the past two days and I bet if I was living healthier, this darn flu bug would not have hit me so hard.

Life is a marathon - I think I can do this without going absolutely bonkers.  I figure, at first I won't change much.  It will be in my head.  Losing a pound a week to start should be as simple as cutting my weekly bottle of IPA.  I don't drink much, but when I do drink, it's IPA :)

I took some top heavy shots as well, but I am too embarrassed to share them.  I suppose come January 1, 2017, I will show the before and after.  I'm not looking to be chiseled.  I have no interest in running another marathon or hiking the highest peak.  Instead, I just want to be able to do the normal things without being so darn blah!

Excuses; but I am addicted to work.  And beyond my JOB, I also work on other projects and then wind down with a few games of chess.  --I'll figure this out, I hope.  I think I have diabetes or possibly a thyroid condition, but with no health insurance and as stubborn as I am; forget about it!  I blame myself and if xxx Once I get myself back on track if I still feel wrong, then maybe I'll say, "What's Up Doc!"

Ha, that's all for now.  I have some work to do, but check back each week as I update my progress. Oh, and of course, when I do go on hikes or something cool like that, I will for sure share!

Happy New Year 2016!
-Jeremy Jacobus  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More