Friday, January 22, 2016

Week 3: No Sweat - (52 POUNDS in 52 WEEKS)


La Jolla Canyon Falls

SUNDAY, JANUARY 23, 2011

Flashback 5 years ago, tomorrow.  I was just barely 2 months into my 1000 Day adventure and I took an innocent hike with my wife and kids.  The falls are often only as wet as a damp cloth, but with recent rains, they come alive.  To read more about this hike, click:  

..Of course, my favorite hike in this area is climbing up and over to the valley, which is absolutely a sacred treasure.  I would say less than 1% of the surrounding counties population even know of this beauty.  If you look hard enough, you may find some old Chumash Indian artifacts.  Certain portions of the region are unmarked Indian Burial Grounds:

 
Day 216: La Jolla Valley

Click the link above for more details.  ...The valley then was an amazing green pasture.  Crazy natural consideration as you are surrounded by dry brush ocean mountains.  Unfortunately, we had the vast spring fire a few years back which scorched this entire region.  I wonder how this land has recovered?



Click the link above to see more.  Essentially, I was on my way to work and the picture above on the left represents the start of this fire.  It was not massive, just a think line of fire, but on very dry brush.  Probably sparked from a cigarette - not sure if they ever truly determined how it began, but I missed the initial spark by only a few minutes and passed the scene before the fire trucks arrived.  Then, after work it was time for my hike, so I picked a random area nearby and the picture on the right shows what was going on, many hours later, on the far other side of this mountain.  Eventually, the fire worked it's way over a marathon of miles to the ocean.  Just Nuts!!!

-----

52 Pounds - 52 Days 

New Year's 2016 Weight: 240.9

Week Three Weight: 237.3

Total Weight Loss: -3.6 Pounds

1-Mile Run (Kimball Park) - Ventura, CA
Saturday - January 16, 2016
2.08.41
2.34.12
2.16.33
2.09.40 == 9.14.42

And this is what I looked like when I was done:


...Blah, I've got a swollen near death face...  I guess I'm surprised that I finished the "run" in under 10 minutes.  However, I have never sat out for a mile run before and ran the final quarter split over 2 minutes.  All I had in me was a 2.09? - pathetic.  Guess I can only improve...

Oh, but if that was not enough, I took my son to track practice at the beach later that day, and I jogged the promenade a total of 3 miles in about 45 minutes.  Basically jogged up, turned around and jogged - walked - and go back to my car.  I think this weekly routine will work.  I will just keep increasing my distance out about a quarter mile or so, which will give me a half mile more in distance each week.  Hmm, at some point the math won't add up otherwise at the end I will be running a marathon plus, every week.  No Thank You!

The week started off good, with these runs, but then "No Sweat" for the remaining 6 days.  My knees are still sore from the runs, I wake up early to work before work and when I do get home... Excuses.  At some point I'll figure this out.  I did eat much better and as a result, dropped 1.1 pounds for the week:

237.3 Weigh In - January 22, 2016
I'm doing what I set out to do.  Let's Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More