Sunday, July 17, 2016

Fat to Fatter to Fit: 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks

-How a Realty TV Show saved me life!

With Cindy Angulo, owner of FlexEx Solutions
www.flexexsolutions.com
Thank you Cindy for the Aha Belt.  I feel lighter already and confident that my workout motions will be on point.  Perhaps I can turn this keg into a 6-pack!

The Journey Begins!
My New Years resolution was to lose 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks.  I went into this challenge all nonchalantly - taking it like a joke, as if losing weight would be easy.  However, at age 41, the task became too hard for me to conquer on my own...

At first I would do one simple workout a week and then mock it by having a beer afterwards.  I was still able to drop a pound from doing so, but after about a month or so I fell off pace.  I wasn't too worried at this point; I feel behind on my 1000 Hikes, discovering new trails - yet in the end, I did Hike 1000 Different Trails in 1000 Days without ever missing a day of hiking!  With this confidence, falling behind my weight goal in the first few months was no big deal, until...

Reality hit when I actually weighed more than my starting weight on January 1st.  How could this be?!  --Suckered back into my cubical for the long work days in conjunction with over eating, being tired -- and just being darn lazy; I basically gave up, until...

My wife is a Personal Trainer but at this stage in life, I cannot hang with her whatsoever, so why even try?  Fortunately, she landed a gig on a TV Show and I will be her client to train!  So here we go; over the next 8 months, I have to lose this weight!  I need to do this for me, my family, my future grand kids - For Life!  I'm tired of being the overweight nuisance to society.  Now that the cameras are rolling, I can't let America down!  I know, it shouldn't be because of TV, but now that the lights are on; It's On!

***I cannot go into details, at this time, about what the show is called or what the exact circumstances are.  However, with this hiking blog, I will help boost my motivation and continue sharing awesome hiking adventures!  For me, hiking is a pure passion.  At this weight, hiking is truly a struggle and unenjoyable.  I suspect that by the time the show airs in the Spring of 2017; I'll be on Cloud 9!  We'll be in up to 10 episodes; so get Ready -Set-Go!

Take That!
As I go through this transformation, I will not be sharing any photos of myself.  I have already begun and down some weight.  Ha - Look how high I got off the ground!  What is this, a 6 inch vertical?!  I'm laughing at myself but also very concerned.  I can't really run (jog) more than a quarter mile.  I fell into obese mode where I need to be in Beast Mode!  I'm not the same guy I was, but - let's see what happens...
  
Feeling the Pain!

Ice Sleeve - What a Relief!
icesleeves.com
I've always been prone to injuries, calf pulls, sprained ankles and various annoying pains.  To my knowledge, I have never broken anything but I believe I have some tears.  I am a stubborn old oaf and I refuse to see the Doctor about things.  It's an obvious no-brainer to warm up the blood flow pre-workout and ice off the swelling thereafter.  With Ice Sleeve, I can now do that very easily.  I can even walk around and work out with it on.

My real goal is to Climb to the 50 Highest Peaks in the 50 States.  I have already taken out Whitney and 5 others.  Many of these climbs are technically easy while others, especially McKinley, will be a struggle if not deadly!  For me, I just wish to enjoy my time on these hikes, to take it all in and share with the world!  Losing weight and getting in shape will make this task possible!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you are doing workout also you can ensure the fitness by sitting down at your home. So you can go for the functional fitness workouts. As from this ubq fit online training center you can get all professional trainers and you can follow their workout from your home.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More