Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 521: Climbing Whiteface - Simi Dog Park - Big Sky Park

Climbing Whiteface!

Day #521 * Hike #599 * New Track #524
Thursday April 19, 2012
Whiteface - Simi Valley, CA
Big Sky Park - Simi Dog Park
My Tripometer: 1.75 Hours * 2.5 Miles * +850 Feet

Warning: Should only be attempted by the fittest in a sober state.  No kids, No Dogs -- No Chances!  I found a short video on You Tube.  I don't know these guys but check it out:


 Oops, the trailhead is by the water tank...

Directions:
From the 118 Freeway in Simi Valley, exit on Erringer and drive North.  Follow Erringer to the end and turn right on Lost Canyons Drive.  Follow the brown signs for the Simi Dog Park.  Turn left into the drive and follow it all the way up to the upper parking lot.


 Picture taken from the wrong trail

There is no actual trailhead sign so I guessed.  I recalled reading up on it that the trail begins at the back of the dog park.  I found a picnic bench and a I guess a path so I started climbing.  I past some bees and then realized that I was doing it wrong.  You will notice a more noticeable entrance by the water tank.

 Very narrow and steep trail

 Legs Muscles and Upper Body Strength

 Looking down on the first leg

Views of the Simi Dog Park
You can see where I tried starting from - Wrong

 Ah, Whiteface in sight...

 It can be tricky, Don't Slip!

 Climb!

 Climb!

 OMG!  Made it to the top!

I usually don't rest on my hikes but today I had to.  The temperature was about 80 but in the summertime it can easily climb to 100 here.  Good thing I wasn't drinking, but I did go through all 20 ounces of my water.


 Looking back on the climb!

 First Snake of the Season!

Good thing I was walking slowly on the mild uphill recovering from the torment.  I was amazed by the views looking around.  This snake Hissed at me very diligently!  I hadn't seen him at first but when I did I yelled, "what are we going to do here!"  Finally he moved out of the way.  The trail split left but I took the main route higher...

 Almost there!

 Amazing Green Forever!

 A hidden lake below - I'm gonna have to hike there sometime

 The Peak!

 The Road to Tapo

History.  Click the following link to learn more about this area: simitrailblazers - NORIEGA TRAIL
 Great, now I have to go back!

 Going down was easier than I thought - I slid most of the way!

Rest In Peace...

There were a couple of memorials and I researched Whiteface and discovered a girl died here just a couple years ago.  They called it a suicide but can't be so sure.  Review the links below for her sad story:

vcstar.com

simivalleyacorn
 

23 comments:

  1. There are several trekking holidays in Nepal with numerous option of mountain to be chosen. Among all those available Top 5 best trekking in Nepal Himalaya can be shorten out. Although it depends on several factors like time, budget, stamina etc. Everest trekking is always dominating, followed by Annapurna, Langtang Manaslu and Kanchenjunga Trek. Out of these Top 5 best trekking in Nepal Himalaya Manaslu and Kanchenjunga needs special permits where as general TIMS card and conservation area permits are ok to trek rest of the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      I3

      Delete
  2. Trekking in Nepal in October is the best month to attend trekking in Nepal as during these periods weather last stable and amazing. Nepal in October might be some times accompanied by rainfall although weather is ok after certain rainfall with clear blue skies. Nepal October is no doubt the most recommended for trekking in Nepal followed by November, September and March – May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for Manaslu trek without guide then it is almost impossible as area belongs to restricted region. In order to attend Manaslu Circuit Trekking one need to obtain special restricted area pass with conservation area entry permits for both Annapurna and Manaslu. Manaslu Trek can be accompanied with side trip to Tsum Valley that is also restricted area for trekking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been hiking several time in himalaya Nepal, It;s my perfect life adventure to Everest base camp Trekking
    http://www.adventuregreathimalaya.com/everest-base-camp-trek/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trekking in Nepal has never been easy with Adventure Great Himalaya. While you are at it, don't forget to look at our Everest Base Camp Trek Packages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your findings also the relevant details are mentioned at Abhi Tailor so it really makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice articles! I would accept that I learnt too many things from your article. You are always inspiring me while surfing through your article blog. Click Here Best Lifestyle magazine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    um...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice articles! I would accept that I learnt too many things from your article:ktm bike price

    ReplyDelete

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More