Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 608: San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary - Alyssa Wins the Gold!

Duck Pond!

Day #608 * Hike #715 * New Track #600
Sunday July 15, 2012
San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary - Irvine, CA
Alyssa and the Eagles Win the Tournament!
My Tripometer: 30 Minutes * 1 Mile * +25 Feet
 We found a trailhead?

After my Mountain Lion Hike in Whiting Ranch, which at the time I had no idea what was going on, I picked up the family at the Hilton, stopped at McDonalds for a McFlury and then drove back to UCI for the Championship Game.  All that, and we were still early.  Well, along the way Jess spotted what appeared to be a trail so we parked the car...

 San Joaquin Wildlife Map

I didn't actually look at the map until after the soccer game, but here it is. 

 We walked down the wide dirt trail...

 There were tadpoles in this water and huge fish in the first pic

 Looks like the trails go around in circles, but we went back...

 Across the street where we parked the car...

No sense for Alyssa to get exhausted before the game but since we still had time, I figured I would make a hike out of it.  I ran along the trail next to the street and asked Jess to rendezvous with me here:


According to the map, this trail circles the pond.  Just above the roadway is where I took the title picture for this blogpost.  I'm pretty sure this is the same pond that I saw earlier in the morning at UCI.  I'd like to come back here some time to explore the other ponds, but for now, we have a soccer game to attend...
 Eagles (white) versus ---  honestly I don't remember...

 With my blurry camera, Alyssa scores the first goal of the game

The Eagles won 4-1 : Tournament Champs!
Yep, Alyssa is back.  Three goals in this tournament.  The Eagles dominated the U-12 bracket with a 3-0-1 record scoring 12 goals and yielding only 3.  Can she go become the State Champion in back to back years on two different teams?  We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More