Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 617 - 619: Running Faster by the Day...


Day #617 * Hike #728 * Duplicate Track
Tuesday July 24, 2012
Camarillo High School - Camarillo, CA

The Mile Around the Blue
Happy Birthday Ayden!
My Tripometer: 30 Minutes * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet
Ayden Turned 9 today.  If you look by the goal post, he is in the red hooded sweatshirt up to no good.  I broke away from Alyssa's soccer practice today to run the mile...

1.55.48
1.49.75
1.52.87
1.42.50  -- 7.20.60 Fastest Mile of the Year

I guess I ran here once last year; darn, thought this was a New Track today!  I'm starting to fall behind and really need another vacation to catch up!

The Cam High track looks cool but the old hard surface lacks the newer bounce that Buena has.  Although I set my fastest time of the year, I feel I could have performed even better.  The track was busy with little cheerleaders but I do not fault them.  I blame the heavy ladies walking five wide on the inside of the track which forced me into lane 6 on one turn!  Do you know how hard it is to run, shift to the far outside in the middle of the turn and then run back inside?  It completely winded me and I had to do this several times.  Onc family was pushing a baby stroller and another kid was on a bike.  This was not a good day to run a short distance for a good time.  Nevertheless, I pulled it off...

When the run was over, I ran up the concrete bleachers a few times and snapped a picture :)

Day #618 * Hike #729 * Duplicate Track
Wednesday July 25, 2012
Arroyo Verde - Ventura, CA

My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 1.5 Miles * +325 Feet

A trot through the park with Sammi.  No Geocache found.  Peanut Butter!

Day #619 * Hike #730 * New Track #607
Thursday July 26, 2012
Monte Vista Middle School - Camarillo, CA

My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 1.5 Miles * +25 Feet


During soccer practice at Valle Lindo Park, I walked away and found myself down the street at the middle school.  There was football practices everywhere!  I walked around the grass and reminisced on my favorite sport, other than hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More