Monday, July 9, 2012

Independence Day: Malibu Lagoon - Southernmost Beach in Malibu

Crashing the Waves!

Day #597 * Hike #698 * New Track #588
Wednesday July 4, 2012
The Southernmost Beach in Malibu!
My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 1 Mile * +25 Feet
 
 The Getty Villa

Directions:
PCH/Coastline Drive across from the Getty Villa.  Free street parking for this hidden wonder!

 Trailhead - Stairs to the beach

 Strike a Pose!

 I found some rocks under the sand

 This is My Rock!

 This is My Sand!

 I hiked alone...

 I got caught by a wave!

 It goes all the way to Santa Monica - I turned back


Day #597 * Hike #699 * New Track #589
Wednesday July 4, 2012
Malibu Lagoon
My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet
 
 Unique Birds in the Trees

Directions:
Free parking in the Malibu Country Mart.  Take the PCH to Cross Creek Road and turn in.  I've come here a few times in the past, search my blog.  Today we were hoping to buy some Six Dollar Cupcakes but they closed early for the Holiday.  After the kids played in the playground area, we walked across the street to the Lagoon.  There were four firework displays in Malibu this year.  From the Lagoon, we were able to view two of them...

 Follow the quarter mile path to the beach

 A Cop protecting the Lagoon

 Malibu Pier

 The Fireworks!



 
Happy Independence Day.  -Time to head back home because I have to work in the early morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More