Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 812: Falling Short of Laguna Peak

Laguna Peak - Property of the US Navy

Day #812 * Hike #1016 * New Track #799
Tuesday February 5, 2013
Falling Short of Laguna Peak - Ventura County, CA

My Tripometer: 0.75 Hours * 1.5 Mile * +25 Feet

 Laguna Peak Road

Off Route 1, the PCH, just past Las Posas, I turned down a small road, Caryl.  My plan today was to hike up 1400+ feet to Laguna Peak, but as you can see, there's no way I'm going to mess with the Navy.  Instead, I drove down the road back there, up a hill and I parked here:

 Trailhead through the Lemon Orchards...

Birds chirping, no workers around, very pleasant
 
 This road wen on a ways...

 And this road

 Hiked back further into the orchards

 
Okay, so I shouldn't really be back here, and I know this, but I need new tracks and I'm running low on real estate.  For the past few weeks I had been hiking through the streets of Port Hueneme handing out fliers.  Well, 5000 fliers later, I'm out of fliers and streets to hike.  So here we are, another Day in the books...
 
 Views from the road heading back down...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More