Thursday, November 8, 2012

Days 713 - 716: Sky High Sports & Halloween

Team photo!
VC Express Team Picture
(I forgot to wear my white coaches shirt)
 
Man, I still look big - even with all this running!
Lol, I'm meant to play football not run track :)
 
Day #713 & 714 * Hike #863 & 684 * Duplicate Track
Monday & Tuesday October 29 & 30, 2012
Cross Country at Arroyo Verde - Ventura, CA
 
It was a Full Moon Monday night hike with Sammi at Arroyo Verde.  We did not have Cross Country practice because our end of year party for the team was being held at Sky High Sports.  Thanks to my neighbor Terry, who is a part owner of Sky High, he hooked up our squad with free jumps and discounted pizza.  Thanks Again Terry!!!
 
Check out Sky High's website:  www.jumpskyhigh.com
 
Broc
Broc jumping into the foam pit
(I borrowed this picture from the VC Express FB Page)
 
 
Tuesday:
It was a Halloween Candy run for practice today.  I actually did not run much because I was watching a day care child but I made up the distance with a friendly game of football with the kids after practice ended early.  Check out a few pics that I am borrowing from FB:
 
 
I am the guy in the middle wearing a Dawg Pound Mask
(I was talking to one of the kids when the flash went off)
 
Photo
 
 
Day #715 * Hike #865 * Duplicate Track
Wednesday October 31, 2012
Blanche Reynolds Park - Ventura, CA
Happy Halloween
2 Hours - 3 Miles
 
We took a nearly duplicate track as what we hiked for last Halloween.  Trick 'O' Treat, the Pirate ship near the park was bigger and better than it was last year.  I may have hiked an additional mile on new streets yet it's not worthy enough to call it a New Track.  That said, my workout on this night was harder on my legs than climbing 1000 feet in elevation or running a quick 1600 meter run.  Dragging your feet while the kids go door to door is not easy.  At least Ayden was using his running skills to help speed up the flow...
 
Day #716 * Hike #866 * Duplicate Track
Thursday November 1, 2012
Arroyo Verde - Ventura, CA
1 Hour - 1.5 Miles
 
Practices have been getting easier lately.  I also noticed that I have not been losing weight like I was before.  Good thing that I don't solely rely on cross country training...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More