Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 942: Bubble Gum Alley - San Luis Obispo


Bubble Gum Alley

Day #942 * Hike #1195 * New Track #927
Bubble Gum Alley - San Luis Obispo, CA
Saturday June 15, 2013
My Tripometer: 2.25 Hours * 1.75 Miles * +25 Feet


 Creek through the center of town...

 Hmm, wonder whats in the water - almost want to stick my head in

 which way do we go?

 there's bar and restaurants above us...


 Bear blowing bubbles from a Bear Can?

 Sax in the Streets...

 Mission Mall

 Bubble Gum Alley

 My imprint...

I was hear several years ago with the family.  Ayden and I looked for the old gum that we left but could not find it mixed in with all of this nasty, disgusting, germ ridden guck.  Today, I saw this little string hanging so I connected two pieces of somewhat fresh gum and wrapped my gum around the string.  Hey, if you happen to read this post, let me know if mine is still hanging up there...

 Would you try a piece for $10.00?  -- What about $100???

 Childrens Museum

Years ago when the kids were younger, we visited this place.  I believe the place had just barely open then.  It was kind of dinky, but we found a way to have a good time.  That was then, and Ayden was insistent on trying it again.  So, $8.00 later (1/2 off for out combined admission) we strolled on in.  Ten minutes later - Good Bye!

This place is okay, if your kid is younger and has a sibling or a friend.  But, when you have a guy like me, eager to get outside to continue the hike, and one lone kid -- yeah, next...

 Web of Life

 We almost ate here, but...

 Frozen Yogurt!

So check this out.  Two Frozen Yogurt shops, just one block apart!  Crazy, and both were crazy busy.  Come'on Port Hueneme --  come out to Chill Out like SLO supports, Bali's Yogurt???

Of the two places in SLO, Bali's was cheaper but sooo disgusting!!!  Yuck!!!  Just so cheap and nasty inside.  The other spot was quite a bit nicer, but not as chill as www.ChillOutFrozenYogurt.com

 Woodstock Pizza

Forget the Fro Yo, we ate at Woodstock!  My buddy Chris told me about this spot many years back.  So, second time to SLO, second time to Woodstock!  Good Pizza, lol, and Beer!!!

 Juggle This...

Farmers' Market

I've heard that the Farmers Market every Thursday in SLO is bomb!  Overall, this town is great!  The people all seem to be outgoing, happy, safe, clean...  Just a great vibe up here.  It was a long drive, you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere, then all of a sudden, SLO.  I will return...

So now, nearly 5:00.  What are we going to do.  We marched into the visitor's center and we were guided to....  (Stay Tuned)  .. Either that or I forgot how to spell and pronounce the next location.  It's way cool... next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More