Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 552: Painted Cave - Santa Barbara

Chumash Indian Pictographs

Day #552 * Hike #631 * New Track #545
Sunday May 20, 2012
Painted Cave - Santa Barbara, CA
My Tripometer: 45 minutes * 1 Mile * +175 Feet


 Heading up Painted Cave Road

Directions:
From the 101 Freeway in Santa Barbara, take the exit for State Route 154.  Head north on the 154 up into San Marco's Pass.  A few miles up, take a right on Painted Cave Road.  Follow this narrow road for a few miles and you will see the Painted Cave Trailhead on the left. 

 Bringing the gang today...

 The cave is just a few steps up

 Pictographs

 Cool rocks

 Graffiti on the unprotected rock wall

 The trail gets way steep...


We decided to turn around and keep it safe.  On the other side of the street we explored the rocky creek below.  Cool little area.  Our day continued, will update next...


Rewind:
Day 551 - Duplicate Hike at Thille Park in Ventura.

We were there for a birthday party.  I jogged around the park along the sidewalk to get in my mile.  Then, I played horse shoes with Alyssa, Badminton with cousins and then basket ball with some 12-year-olds.  It's amazing how many three-point shots these kids made! 

I was running around like a kid and nearly threw one day.  We played five games and I won all of them :)  --I'm not going to go easy on those kids!  Heck, they nearly beat me and I was a whole new kind of sore for days after this game!

Directly after the game we went to the pool.  After a few laps, I chilled out in the hot tub to chill and relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More