Saturday, May 19, 2012

Days 535 - 543: A Perigee Full Moon! - Arroyo Sequit

Perigee Full Moon


Day #535 * Hike #615 * New Track #536
Thursday May 3, 2012
Hill Canyon - Newbury Park, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 3.75 Miles * +700 Feet

With water in hand, today I began my visit at the end of Rancho Conejo Blvd in Newbury Park and walked down to Hill Canyon.  I've been here before but last time I did not loop all of the possible passages.  It's an amazing beauty down here with a few scattered ducks and a swan.  After my tour, I continued toward Wildwood Park and began hiking up toward Lizard Rock.  I ventured off the main trail to the right on some single track footpath.  This too was new for me.  Overall, it was a very pleasant afternoon


Day #536 * Hike #616 * Duplicate Track
Friday May 4, 2012
Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 2.5 Miles * +400 Feet

From my house, I lowered into the park and looped around the middle level trails.  As expected, the wildflowers were growing rapidly.  About a month prior, I took some pictures back here and shared the bare stick shrubs.  In a few weeks from now, these trails will be quite lively.


Day #537 * Hike #617 * New Track #537
Saturday May 5, 2012
Arroyo Sequit - Malibu, CA
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 1.25 Miles * +100 Feet


The Moon at Sundown ~7:30pm

The blogpost picture at the top of the page was taken at the official Full Moon time of 8:30.  It was just over a week ago when I discover Arroyo Sequit.  Along the way I passed the Santa Monica College Astronomical Observing Site so with the Supermoon tonight, I figured this would be a perfect place to go for the viewing.  Day 528 Arroyo Sequit

Today at sundown with Alyssa, we walked up to the water tower, which I did not reach on my last visit.  Thus, the round trip additional mile constitutes as my New Track for the day.  Tonight was also the height of the meteor shower but with the bright full moon and little patience, we did not stick around long enough to view anything significant.  In addition, my camera is horrible at night so I am surprised I was able to capture what I did...

Day #538 * Hike #618 * New Track #538
Sunday May 6, 2012
Southwest Community Park - Oxnard, CA
My Tripometer: Half Day * 3 Miles * +0 Feet

At a different park, the day began watching the Ventura Mighty Vipers in a tournament game in Oxnard.  This wasn't my hike but I was active as usual.  Then, from Ventura Rd. we turned right on 5th street and parked at the Southwest Community Park across from the Oxnard Airport.  This stretch of green grassland stretches for a mile and crosses over Patterson.  There were many soccer games here (adult and upper teens).  We were spectators while walking the distance and then back...


Day #539 - #543 (Monday - Friday)
Duplicate Hiking at Arroyo Verde Park

I've been working on a new website www.SilverHonors.com

Creating this is costing me valuable time, especially for hiking.  I took this week to work diligently to create an initial platform to help get this going.  In doing so, my hiking has been wandering the hills of Arroyo Verde.  My dogs are loving it because they actually get to go out for a hike everday.  I averaged 3 miles a day, +450 feet over an hour timeframe.  This beats riding for an additional hour to claim stake on a new trail but because of this action, I am now under par by 5 New Tracks.  This may be difficult to overcome, but I am taking a 4-day hiking vacation up to Yosemite area next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More