Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 556: Bark Park - New Millennium Loop Trail - Calabasas - Gun Club Road

Bark Park - Woof!!

Day #556 * Hike #637 * New Track #549
Thursday May 24, 2012
Bark Park - Calabasas, CA
New Millennium Loop Trail / Gun Club Road?
My Tripometer: 1.25 Hours * 4.75 Miles * +900 Feet
 
 Bark Park Trailhead

Directions:
From the 101 Freeway in Calabasas, exit the 101 on Las Virgenes Road and turn South toward Malibu Canyon.  About a mile up, immediately after the A.E. Wright traffic light, this small park will be on the left.  Park in the parking lot and begin your journey...

 The Dog Park

 Very overgrown trail - see the sign?

 Water treatment below

 T- Junction: New Millennium Loop Trail

The trail did got better as I progressed higher.  As usual, I was all alone out here and other than being worried about snakes, it was all good.  I turned left at the junction...

 Nice views - switchbacks start taking you lower

 Trail went straight but I took the stairs down

 Found an old road down here, I turned left towards the Las Virgenes

 Looking back at where I came from

Just before the street - walking toward Jack In the Box
 
I reached Las Virgenes and then began to jog into a strong gusty wind to the left back towards Bark Park.  It was about 3/4's of a mile back to the park.
 
I did not have a real plan today so this loop just sort of happened.  I found a website that has some more description of this area: venturacountytrails.org/TrailMaps/Calabasas
 
About a year ago, I visited near this area on what is seemingly known as the Calabasas Historic Trail but at the time I called it: Day 292: Juan Bautista de Anza West
 
I remembered then passing a trail junction sign that said "Bark Trail".  So, I researched Bark Trail and found Bark Park, hence today's trip.  I didn't quite join the two sections with this adventure so I guess I'll have to go back again, and again again because there are many more roads and trails to discover...
 
Day 555: Duplicate trail run at Arroyo Verde...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More