Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 857: Abalone Cove Park - Marilyn Ryan Sunset Point Park - Trump National Golf Club

From the Free Park area (after Abalone Cove Park)
 
Day #857 * Hike #1070 * New Track #840
Abalone Cove Park - Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Marilyn Ryan Sunset Point Park - Trump National Golf Club
Friday March 22, 2013
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet


Continuing down the main road from my previous hikes in Palos Verdes, the next stop was Abalone Cove Park.  However, this park charges $5.00 at entrance so I turned out and continued up the road.  Just a quarter mile up, there is a turn out with a few Free Parking Spaces.  However, parking here is limited to 30 minutes...




I walked around a bit and got it.  To explore the coast you will need to pay up the $5.00 and make an afternoon out of it.  Instead, I continued further down the road to collect three different locations into one "New Track" for my mile accumulation...

 Marilyn Sunset Point Park
 

I walked around here a bit and it linked up to:

Trump National Golf Club

There are many miles of hiking around the course.  This is some of what you will see:


I then headed back to the car and decided to head further up the road.  All of a sudden, the road became very sketchy:
 
(pic taken on my way back)
 
 The pavement up here was blacked top of cement and very bumpy, hence the land movements.  It's nothing too serious where you should feel unsafe driving it, but it did take me by surprise.  From here, you leave Ranchos Palos Verdes and enter the city of Los Angeles...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More