Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 857: Secret Warmouth Trail - Sagebrush Walk Trail

In Formation

Day #857 * Hike #1070 * New Track #840
Secret Warmouth Trail - Los Angeles, California
Sagebrush Walk Trail
Friday March 22, 2013
My Tripometer: .75 Hours * 1.5 Miles * +50 Feet


 Secret Trailhead

Directions:
Following the main road out of Palos Verdes and Portugese Bend, the road becomes 25th Street and you enter into the city of Los Angeles.  Turn right on Anchovy, turn right on Paseo ?Something?, turn left on Stargazer and turn right on Warmouth.  Park at the end of the street...

 looking over the edge

 hmm, okay???

 sketchy side trail leads down to beach - we kept along the fence

 pass the junction

 pass another junction

 take a break; nah...

another trail leads down, we go straight...

 Began hiking up the Sagebrush Walk, but turned back...

 looking down on that first sketchy trail...


...and this concludes my tour of Rancho Palos Verdes.  Thank you to my sister Julie for completing our Chill Out Menus and pointing out the Warmouth Trail, which she calls the Stargazer Trail.  Now, the long Friday drive back to Ventura County where I would work the closing shift at Chill Out.  But not before...

Hike #1071: Duplicate Hike at Moranda Park
I still had Sammi with me so at about 6:30pm, I walked her a mile + around the park to the Bubbling Springs.  She then remained in the car for the rest of that night as I trained our first employee at the shop.  Oh yeah, still not feeling great.  In fact, very ill and under the weather.  It was amazing that while I did all these hikes, my body forgot about the illness.  Once I was closed in the shop, I began to sweat, get dizzy and just felt awful.  It just shows, it feels great to be outside when the weather is California Sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More