Thursday, April 14, 2016

25 Days in a Row! - Orange Theory (52 Pounds in 52 Weeks)

A walk with the dogs, and my niece and nephew


Course 23: Off Road at Kimball Park

WALK 2.72 MI ON 4/6/2016

DISTANCE

2.73
miles
CLIMB

66 ft


BEGINS IN:
Ventura, CA, United States
CREATED BY:
Jeremy Jacobus Best Time: 58:38
DESCRIPTION:
This is a 2.73 mi route in El Rio, CA, United States. The route has a total ascent of 66.95 ft and has a maximum elevation of 286.48 ft. This route was created byJeremy85135177 on 04/06/2016. View other maps that Jeremy85135177 has done or find similar maps.










Map Options
Map data ©2016 Google
200 m 
   

Donnie is King of the Hill!

Donnie and Marissa were in town, from Washington State, for their spring break trip.  I believe they joined me on a couple of hikes, back in the 1000 Days when they lived in California, but that was a long time ago.  Marissa is now nearly as tall as me, and she is only 12 years old!

After dropping Ayden off at track practice, I took them to Kimball Park, but not to run around the 1.25 mile oval, but to stomp on the ground that I have not been to since November of 2010.  Just beyond the park, there is a section below where I'm assuming local high school boys jump the ramps on their BMX's.  Of course now, Kimball Park has an official track for legit events, but the underground world plays down here...


When I was here last, Ayden was only 7 years old.  He rode around on his little red bike.  We then jumped over telephone road and continued through the Ventura Baranca for several hours.  It was a crazy hike, one of my first and it made up the majority of my First 16 Hikes Video - November 2010.

However, on this day, My 23rd Course on the 1000 Reborn, we kept it simple.  A light jog to the spot, Donnie on a scooter, and then a dip into the past.  We didn't go all the way back because we saw ahead some boys, who were shifting quickly, not bike gears, but startled by our presence.  Perhaps they were doing drugs or drinking.  Either way, I turned the dogs and kids back.


Course 24: Open House





hike 1.02 MI ON 4/7/2016

DISTANCE

1.02
miles
CLIMB

175 ft


BEGINS IN:
Ventura, CA, United States
CREATED BY:
Jeremy Jacobus Best Time: 27:32
DESCRIPTION:
This is a 1.02 mi route in El Rio, CA, United States. The route has a total ascent of 93.67 ft and has a maximum elevation of 817.22 ft. This route was created byJeremy85135177 on 04/07/2016. View other maps that Jeremy85135177 has done or find similar maps.










Map Options
Map data ©2016 Google
50 m 
    

So, here is another random spot. I was going to head somewhere else for a hike but when driving down Foothill on a Thursday after work, Ayden and I noticed an Open House sign, on a Thursday!  One of our free excitements is to check out the other houses, so we did.

Nice, it came with a glass of wine for me and cupcake for Ayden; okay, a cupcake for me too!!!

After the visit, I remembered there being a little off road place to visit up here.  Around a fence, we climbed a hill by a water tower and this took us to another neighborhood.  The draw from here was to go up another driveway, past a gate and to the top of another hill, with another water tower, but it was obviously private property, so we inclined not to.  Urgh!  I still want to, but perhaps next time...



Course 25: Orange Theory
Friday April 8, 2016

Friday April 8, 2016: 231.1 Pounds


52 Pounds in 52 Weeks

New Year's 2016 Weight: 240.9

Week 14 Weight: 231.1

Total Weight Loss: -9.8 Pounds


Finally - Moving in the right direction for real!  This is my lowest weigh in since starting my 52 pound journey.  It's also my 25th day in a row of 1000 Hikes Reborn.

In deciding to take on the daily task of Hiking, I expanded my rules a bit.  I suppose you can say that I am making it up as I go, but this is what I had in mind:

  • At least 2.5 Miles of Hiking a Day
  • At least 100 Feet of Elevation gain a Day
  • At least 1 Hour of Hard Core Working Out
**So, my goal is to accomplish at least One, of the lines above to accomplish my Daily Course -- Through the Course of the Day...  Get it?

Truly, my passion is to beat the first two (Hiking & Elevation), but I also want to lose weight and I know I have to get to the gym and eat better to make that happen.  Well, my wife is a personal trainer, and one of the places she trains is Orange Theory.  Thus, on this Friday, I gave it a shot and here are my results:


 04-08-2016
36
SPLAT
POINTS
CLASS
TIME
0:59:00
CALORIE BURN (EST.)
1037
 
0
 
 
3
 
 
21
 
 
21
 
 
15
 
 
GrayBlueGreenOrangeRed
156AVG HR
182MAX HR
 
  
 
85AVG PERCENT
99MAX PERCENT
© 2016 ORANGETHEORY FITNESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

I pushed hard on the treadmill for the first 30 minutes.  I don't know how many miles that I went, but I am sure between the sprints at 10 mph and the jogs at 5mph, I must have covered the minimum 2.5 miles at an easy 1% incline.  Mathematicians, does that give me 100 feet gained???

Then, we went to the rower and weights, were I just about puked.  I see that I am in some bad shape.  My wife makes it look so easy; great form - while I feel like death.  If I did this kind of work out every day --- but I don't, lol,..

... I'm a Lazy Hiker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More