Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 922: Alex's Lemonade Stand - Chill Out - Jumping Juggernaut - Conejo Creek South Park

 Alex's Lemonade Stand at Chill Out Frozen Yogurt

Logan from the Jumper Juggernaut's sings "Brownie & Cheese Panini"

Today we planned a fundraising event at Chill Out Frozen Yogurt.  I am dedicating my final 100 Hikes to help raise money and awareness for Pediatric Cancer.  Thank You Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation for help making this possible.

Originally we were going to have the Jumping Juggernaut's perform but due to some last minute objection, we could not put on the outdoor event.  This was a huge learning curve and next time I will seek the permits needed to do this right...

The stand went pretty well, considering.  With the help of many local kids we raised $74.35 for Alex's.  Hey, it's a start and if you are interested in helping this good cause, please click the attached link to make a donation: www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/110962

Part of today's plan was to lead a group of people on an amazing new hike in the Santa Monica Mountains.  Well, that did not happen.  No big deal.  At the end of the day I walked my dogs at Arroyo Verde for Hike 1160, a duplicate track for Saturday May 25th...



Day #922 * Hike #1161 * New Track #906
Conejo Creek South Park - Thousand Oaks, CA

Conejo Creek Bike Path - Camarillo Eagles - Homeless Land
Sunday May 26, 2013
My Tripometer: 3 Hours * 2.75 Miles * +50 Feet


 New Bike Path at Conejo Creek South Park

Last year we were up here for the Ventura Vipers Soccer Tournament.  Alyssa and the Vipers beat the B Team for the Camarillo Eagles to win the Championship Trophey.  A year later, Alyssa is on the A Team with the Camarillo Eagles looking for the gold.

As always, before the Soccer Game, let's go on a hike...

 Conejo Creek Bike Path

From the soccer fields I jogged to the park entrance at Janns Road.  From there, turned around and ran all the way back out of the park...


 See that Tree...

A year+ ago I hiked through that field, before this path was complete.  It was a homeless hangout shelter but the city has since thinned out the thick.  If you search hard enough on this blog you will probably find what it used to look like...

 Going off Trail

I hiked down here too.  Last time I found ducks.  This time, not so much...




 New Track

I turned around here last time being that I hiked here on my lunch break.  Today, knowing I had a game to attend to, I nearly turned back again.  Instead...

 I ran down the trail...

 Passed a homeless guy and his camp...

 through a jungle...

 out into a hidden open - oxymoron intended

 Ends at a homeless camp in a tunnel

The lady there was kind enough to show me an alternative way out.  Up past a fence and be careful - the on ramp for the 23 is right there and the cars come zooming by...  I dashed across, back to the park and now it's time for...

 Alyssa and the Eagles!

 bloodied up teammate

Alyssa controlling the ball...

The tournament began on Saturday.  I missed the first round due to the Lemonade Stand.  At the end, the Eagles finished 2nd in this tourney.  In the Championship Game there was a very questionable call which awarded a penalty kick for the opposing team.  Well, you guessed it...



**Hike 1162: Duplicate 1.25 miles at The Oaks
**Hike 1163: Duplicate 1.25 miles at Conejo Creek South Park

**Hike 1164 * New Track 907:  Sunday Night Jess and I saw a movie at the Collection in Oxnard.  Although I have already hiked here, we made it a new track by walking all around and around.  The center is still not fully open but what we did see was dozens of rat traps.  There is an REI now open here, but it was closed because we went to a late show.  I'll be back...

**UPDATE:  Just climbed Mt. Baldy today!  Awesome REAL Hike!  I have several more hikes under my belt.  Hang in there, I'll update them and Yes, there is another Waterfall to go with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More