Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 933: Buenaventura Golf Course - Wedgewood Banquet Center

Homeless Camp

Day #933 * Hike #1181 * New Track #919
Buenaventura Golf Course - Ventura, CA
Wedgewood Banquet Center
Thursday June 6, 2013
My Tripometer: 1.25 Hours * 3.25 Miles * +50 Feet




On February 17, 2008, my wife and I were married at the Wedgewood.  So, what better place to hike on this random day...

 Trailhead - First Hole

Directions:
From the 101 Freeway in Ventura, exit on Victoria and head south towards Oxnard.  Turn left on Olivas Park Drive and look for the golf course on the right...

 I'm not golfing, but enjoy walking the trail...

 The 18th Hole...

 Lake near the back of the park...

The edge of the entire course is covered by overgrown trees and shrubs.  This sections fills out and is part of the mostly dry Santa Clara River.  I found my way in and found a mostly open pathway.  I first turned right but that didn't go too far.  I then turn left and followed it here...

 Topa Topa is the far background...
 
 So this was an easier way in .. Nature Sanctuary???

 Homeless Hangout???

You can reach the spot in the pic above by trekking back and to the right from the opening two pics above.  From here, the trail ends so I turned back and found another way...

 Now we're on to something...

 Keep going...

duck and weave...

I went as far as I could into the thick.  I was hoping to reach the water line but that never happened.  I worked my way back out of some of the madness and then hiked passed some radio towers.  The homeless hideout as seen in the blogpost title pic was found near the radio towers.  The trail continued on and on...

There was a small hill on the left and thick forest on the right.  I decided to climb the little hill and spotted a wide opening.  Being that I was running low on time, I was determined to make this a loop.  I crossed the field and ended up here...

 Montalvo Community Services District

There is no street that would bring you here.  It smells so nasty here!  Problem, to finish the loop, the only way to make it in time was to hop a barbed wire fence, cut across farm fields and then finally back to the car.  I had no choice, I did it this way.  I had to get back to pick up Ayden from tumbling.  Boy, I cut it close but managed to find enough time to snap this final shot...

Where Jess and I were Married!


Quick Rewind:

Wednesday June 5th: Alyssa's 12 Birthday -- Lots of Soccer -- Duplicate Hike at Arroyo Verde
Tuesday June 4th: New Track 918 -- Downtown Oxnard From 5th Street and C to Wooley and Oxnard Blvd (and back!)
Monday June 3rd: Baldy Healing Process - Duplicate Hike to Lighthouse in Port Hueneme




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More