Tuesday, November 30, 2010

DAY 16: LOS PADRES TRAIL

DAY 16: LOS PADRES TRAIL
3 Miles  +700 Feet
16 Day Summary: 60 Miles  +12,400 Feet



Well it's not the Los Padres National Forest, but it is a cute little trail 5 minutes from my job.  From the 101 freeway in Thousand Oaks, exit at Moorpark and head south.  Turn left on Los Padres Dr. and this gate will be on the right.  My mission today was to find a quick uphill trek before the sun went down.  
 
 The trees come alive!

After a brief jog, you're out of the forest and on a small switchback

That's all for the Los Padres Trail.  You could start here and cheat the first half mile
by parking on Hillsborough, but you would miss all the shaded fun.

Halfway to the top.  Better hurry, sun is almost down!

Made it up, no problem!  Today I'll be going to the left to reach the highest point in this region.

This Hawk was just floating still in mid air 100 feet above me!

 The Top!

 It's me again!

 I work somewhere down there

 There it is, no not Sears, the office building in the back on the right!



Time to go back; a quick jog down and I'm done.
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos - just did this trail myself over the summer. Good luck on your mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Do you know of any unique, hidden trails in this area?

    ReplyDelete

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More