Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 656: Above Rancho Capistrano - Broken Collar Bone!

1/2 Frog - 1/2 Lizard

Day #656 * Hike #782 * New Track #646
Sunday September 2, 2012
Above Rancho Capistrano - San Juan Capistrano, CA
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 1.5 Miles * +125 Feet
 Hiking above the dirt parking lot through a pile of trash

 I'm not good with reptiles - what is this?

 So I hike back here before the game...

 After I found a parking lot, I switched over this way...

 If time permitted, I would have continued, but it did not, so I didn't

 I hiked around the lake yesterday

 hmm, what's this way...

 here we go...

***After Lake Elsinore we rushed back to the soccer fields and we made it just in time for Alyssa's game.  It was a must win to reach the quarter final round.  The Eagles won so game play continued.  We had a couple of hours to kill between games and after cooling down on an icee, I chose to hike back here because I couldn't keep my legs still.  Nothing too rewarding, but I did capture some pics of the Frizard.

In the final moments of another contest on the field that we would be playing on, a girl fell hard and it looked like she left her leg 10 yards back.  She was down for awhile but finally limped off.  Jess and I were commenting on how poor the field condition was and we were having flashbacks of when Alyssa broke her arm.  The fall from this girl was horrific, the way the dirt shot up in the air and created acid like tracers.  Well, a few minutes later, the unthinkable happened.  Fighting to make the next round of the playoffs, this U-15 girl ran full speed with a chance to kick the ball in the goal.  All I remember is that the goalie came out and intentionally slide tackled the girl because she could not get to the ball first.  The offensive player flipped up in the air and fell flat on her back.  Miraculously, the goalie ended up grabbing the ball but the ref called the foul.  Then another player on the defensive team talked back to the ref, considering it a bad call, and the ref pulled out a yellow card on her.  Meanwhile, the girl was still on the ground...

She broke her collar bone!
Initially, the coach tried to move her and you heard her scream!  The delay took a good 20-30 minutes.  She screamed one more time when the paramedics hoisted her onto the stretcher.  An absolutely horrible site to see.  Although Alyssa did not see it, she saw the aftermath and said, "I feel like this is de-ja-voo". 
**The Eagles finally got to play their quarter final game but it ended with a one sided defeat; 2-0.  The tournament was over for us.  Oh well, that presents more hiking for me on Monday, Labor Day, because we reserved the hotel for two nights.  More to come from San Juan Capistrano and San Clemente...

No comments:

Post a Comment



Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer


Click Image to Learn More