Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 666: Woodley Park - Sepulveda Wildlife

Coming Soon to Port Hueneme...

Day #664 -&665 * Hike #796 & 797 * Duplicate Track
Moday & Tuesday September 10 & 11, 2012
Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2 Miles * +100 Feet
 
**Cross-Country training with my son at Arroyo Verde Park.  Various exercises include a 600 meter warm up jog, sprints, 800 meter runs, figure 8 runs -- just a lot of running in the hills, etc...
 
Day #666 * Hike #798 * New Track #657
Wednesday September 12, 2012
Woodley Park - Van Nuys, CA
Sepulveda Wildlife
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 2.5 Miles * +25 Feet
 
 Off of Woodley Road between the 405 & 101 near Balboa

 Lots of Open Space in the Park

 A green life; awesome escape from the crazy concrete jungle nearby

 John from New Zealand would be Proud!

 The area goes on for ever, so it seems...

Where does this go?

So I was in Van Nuys today checking out restaurant equipment.  On my way back I somehow got mixed up on Sepulveda or Victoria and found myself turning left down Woodley.  All of a sudden, the crammed, messy, hectic world of over populated madness turned into a green relief.  --Van Nuys is a very busy area.  The neighborhood does not look great.  It looks like one big swap meet.  What would you expect with the world's most congested intersection; the 405 & 101!

Anyhow, I parked at the first lot and began walking across the park.  This lead to an extension of the park to the left.  I kept going.  There was some Japanese Garden up here but it was all locked up, like it was part of the armed forces or something.  I continued further, found the cricket grounds and then realized I had been walking for over 30 minutes.  I could not explore everything but I ran back to the car from here.  At work that next day I glimpsed at Google Maps in this area and discovered Balboa Lake.  It was just around the corner from here.  Looks like I will be coming back someday to check it out...
 
 
Day #667 & 668 * Hike #799 & 800 * Duplicate Track
Thursday & Friday September 13 & 14, 2012
Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, CA
 
**Thursday was Cross Country Training.  **Friday I descended from home with Sammi to get some elevation into my workout.  This also gave Sammi a chance to open her stride.  With so much going on, I haven't had much of a chance recently to take her out.  As for Ziggy, well I left him back because he can't keep up with us...

1 comment:

  1. I've been to the Japanese garden, but it must have been before I set up my blog, because I don't have any posts about it. I forget the hours of the place, but it's kinda neat. The water treatment plant that's adjacent to it has a futuristic look, and it's served as a Star Trek: TNG backdrop at least once. Photographed grey heron and snowy egrets in the ponds and "streams" in the garden, too.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More