Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Days 944 - 948: Lackluster Hiking


Day #944 - 945 * Hike #1205 - 1206 * Duplicate HikesNight Hike at Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, CA
International Space Station
Monday & Tuesday June 17 - 18, 2013
Hiking at night I suppose could be considered a "New Track" given that everything appears to be completely different, but I suppose I've already hiked in the dark at Arroyo Verde so this would be much too far of a stretch considering these hikes as "New".  Still far behind my quota and closing in on less than 2 months to go, I need to find New Trails.

Well, the point of the hike on these nights were to give my dogs some exercise in addition to locating the International Space Station.  We only had a 3 - 5 minute window to watch the satellite cross over the Northeastern sky.  Did we actually see it?  Lol, that's a good question.  I think I want to say that I did see it, but maybe that was just me hoping that I saw what I thought I saw.  Who knows.  At least I got a hike out of it to keep the streak going...


Day 946 * Hike #1207 * New Track #937
J Street in Oxnard.  On Wednesday from Chill Out in Port Hueneme, I handed out some flyer's at the beach and then walked up Surfside.  From there I went a block down Hueneme to J Street and then 1.5 miles up J Street to Channel Islands, and back.  Along the median on J Street is a dirt/gravel sidewalk trail.  Great views of garbage and sewer run off.  The total journey was an intense 5 mile work out - joy...

Day 947 * Hike #1208 * New Track #938
Thursday was not much better than the day prior.  From the shop I hiked up Ventura Road, past the Bard Memorial which is along the Port Hueneme Naval Base between Pleasant Valley and Bard.  This was my highlight and no camera to captivate the moment.  From there I continued up to Channel Islands Road and then back down to work the shop.  Hmm, I'm not even running.  I'm getting darn lazy and gaining weight.  I'm at my heaviest since beginning this adventure and less than 2 months to Whitney.  What in the world am I doing?!

Day 948: Duplicate on Friday night at Arroyo Verde.  Lazy and I even skipped the good hills.  Way Lazy - I am the Lazy Hiker and I need a nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More