Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 961: Las Flores Creek Park - The Teufel House

The Teufel House and Family

Day #961 * Hike #1226* New Track #947
Las Flores Creek Park - The Teufel House - Malibu, CA
Thursday July 4, 2013 - Happy Independence Day
My Tripometer: .5 Hours * 1 Mile * +25 Feet

 Las Flores Creek Park

Location: From the PCH turn up Las Flores Canyon Road and the park will be on your left.

***We actually came down from Piuma Road which is off of Malibu Canyon Road.  Originally I intended to hike the Backbone in this area but due to conflicts and the hour growing old, this anticipated hike did not happen!

We took the long drive around and eventually reached this park.  Let me tell you, I saw the most beautiful view of the islands and Malibu up there.  Unfortunately, I did not capture the moment by photograph!  Stupid - Stupid!  It was a perfectly clear day and really, I had no excuse.  I shall for sure return to the area but for now, the little nothing hike at Las Flores Creek...

 Quaint

 Joyful

 The dry creek

the playground


Day #961 * Hike #1227* New Track #948
Malibu Lagoon - Malibu, CA
Thursday July 4, 2013 - Happy Independence Day

My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 1.5 Miles * +0  Feet

 New Lagoon Construction

So we visited the lagoon last year for the 4th.  This year they opened up the pond and this is what it looks like:



We hiked through the shopping center across the PCH and then stepped foot on new ground here.  Now for the Fireworks...





Well, not the best shots.  The smoke filled the air and obstructed much of the view....

Earlier in the week, more duplicate trails.  Sorry if I'm boring you with some of my recent activity but I assure you, I do have some groovy hikes planned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More