Monday, December 13, 2010

DAY 29: REINO & MOUNTAIN CREEK TRAILS

 29 DAY SUMMARY: 104.75 Miles  +18,875 Feet

DAY 29: REINO & MOUNTAIN CREEK TRAILS
Miles:  3.5
Elevation Gain:  700 Feet
Time: 1.0 Hours
Difficulty (1-10):  3
Reward (1-10): 3
Description: Surprise; between the neighborhoods lies a trail with switchbacks!
Directions: From the 101 Freeway in Thousand Oaks, exit Borchard.  Turn left on Reino and this trailhead is on the right before you reach Lynn.  Check my Facebook page for a picture.

After a weekend of flat barefoot beach hiking, it was nice to lace up the boots and switchback up a hill.  I had no idea this place existed, so the reward to me was really a 7, but as an unbiased source of information, I must leave the experience as a 3.  With the real mountains and trails so close, it only makes sense to wander out there vs here.  Nevertheless, this is a cute spot for the locals.  In fact, I saw a group of teenagers who formed their own little clubhouse in the brush.  I imagine on some summer nights, their parents let them camp up here.
This area is known as Potrero Ridge Trail West (Trail 18 & 18a on the Dos Vientos Trail Guide).  When you reach the ridge, you will see a water tank and trail on the other side of Reino.  That region is known as Wendy Water Tank Rd aka Potrero Ridge Trail East.  When I hiked the Camarillo Springs Trail in the first week, linked the webpage to my blog.  It's kind of confusing but by breaking it down for you, I am eliminating the guess work.  That's it for now, check facebook for pictures because I am still not able to upload!





       
                                                                                                                                                                           

1 comment:

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More