Wednesday, December 29, 2010

DAY 45: VENUTRA PIER (AT NIGHT)

DAY 45: VENTURA PIER (AT NIGHT)
Miles: 1.25
Elevation Gain:  25 Feet
Time: 1 Hour
Difficulty (1-10):  1
Reward (1-10): 3
Description: Walking the promenade and the pier, at night
Where?: Ventura, CA
Directions: From the 101 Freeway in Ventura exit at California Street and turn left.  Turn right on Harbor and turn left on ?something de playa? (a parking lot) after the Holiday Inn.

**MY 45 DAY SUMMARY:  155 Miles  +23,000 Feet**

It's month end so my main focus is on work and working later than usual.  Due to the vacation, I took 7 business days off work this month, which is more than one-third of production time.  So, daylight hiking is not a real option.  In months past, I would work till 7 pm or later but this month I was content working till 4:30 - 5:00...  I guess this California lifestyle is really starting to get to me...


Tonight, I took Alyssa and the two dogs to the pier.  The driving directions above lead you to a free parking lot.  This is usually the best spot to park for free during the day if you want to walk the promenade in VTA.  Good luck finding a parking spot though.  However, at 8:00 at night right after a California winter storm, parking was not an issue.


We walked along the promenade to the pier.  From there, we hiked to the end of the pier and back.  The temperature was a brisk 55 with high winds.  The rain had stopped and the tides were low.  There was no moonlight so the experience was mostly a dud.  Although, the water was forceful and scared Alyssa off the pier.  I could not capture the moment that well on camera, but I will post pictures on Facebook and use some video footage for my end of month, end of year video.  Well, that's it for now, but I will be back to the promenade some other time.  Last year I used this cement pathway for my LA Marathon training.  I still haven't decided if I'm going to run it again this year, but I am thinking about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More