Thursday, April 21, 2011

7 Days in HAWAII: THE BIG ISLAND

 Green Sand Beach

Day 148: Monday April 11, 2011
Before Jess and I left to Hawaii, we spent a couple hours running the dogs and kids at Camino Real.  This blogpost confirms that the tire swing in the gully is still in full action.

Day 149: Tuesday April 12, 2011
In our seven days in Hawaii, Jess and I hiked an estimated 30+ miles and snapped over 1000 pictures. Thanks to the Newlywed Game, we stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa.  If you missed the episode, click here:

We circled the entire island and I must say, this was the best overall family resort on the Big Island.  However, we stayed in the Ocean Tower, which is the furthest away from the main lobby.  It took us a while to figure the resort out.  To get to your room, you could take a tram, a boat or walk.  If you walk the wrong way, it could take you 20 minutes to reach the breakfast buffet!  Needless to say, I got my hike in on Tuesday :)

Day 150: Wednesday April 13, 2011
  • Kahaluu Beach ParkAbout 10 minutes south of Kona, this is a great place to snorkle; and it's free to the public!.  Essentially, this is how we began our adventure.  After about an hour of taking underwater pictures, which I do not have back yet, we turned back to shore.  I hit shallow water and was forced to quickly stand up.  I was wearing sandals because I didn't have fins and the waves instantly ripped my sandal off and I was forced to land on my bare foot.  Ouch!  What a #@!!  I ripped a hole on the pad under my big toe.  10 days later, the skin still hasn't grown back over.  Needless to say, hiking was difficult because I was forced to walk on my heal all trip!  That said, it was still worth it and I would recommend this spot to snorkle.
  • White Sands Beach at Laaola Bay


Catch a wave!  What foot injury?  This was the perfect little beach with soft white sand just south of Kona, or shall I say Kailua-Kona.  We hung out here for a while before our UFO Parasail adventur!  What a great day, despite the injury.  Kona was a fun town filled with places to eat, shop and drink.  We did all of the above :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More