Sunday, April 24, 2011

PUNALU'U BLACK SAND BEACH PARK

Day 152 ...continued: Friday April 15, 2011

 Quacking on the Black Sand

 Turtles (Honu) Surfing the Waves!

 Refreshing!

 Hi Kids!

This is real black sand!  If you are going to circle the island, you must stop at Punalu'u.  You are sure to see the the Hawain Honu surfing the waves!  Our experience was great, until too much black sand wedged into my cut.  Yeah, it was still bothering me big time.  I had been using a band-aid on my foot but every time I touched the water, forget about it.  Thus, Jess walked back across the sand to drive the car around to the main parking lot, where I waiting, and was stung by a hornet!  I tried swatting it away after it stung my other foot but the guy was persistent.  I ran and it gave chase.  


About 15 minutes from the beach heading towards South Point, the Punalu'u Sweet Bread Bake Shop will be on your right.  This is known as the southernmost bakery in the USA.  Since volcano national park we had been playing leap frog with a tour bus who also stopped here.  This was a refreshing stop after our second hike of the day and my second injury of the trip.  --With hours of sunlight left in the day; more hiking awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More