Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Days 867 - 872: Universal Studios - Universal City Walk


The New Transformers Ride at Universal


Day #867 * Hike #1087 * New Track #854
Oxnard, California
Monday April 1, 2013

My Tripometer: 1 Hours * 1.5 Miles * +25 Feet

Today completed my leapfrogging experiment.  Enough said...

Day #868 * Hike #1088 * Duplicate Track
Arroyo Verde - Ventura, California
Tuesday April 2, 2013

My Tripometer: 1 Hours * 2.5 Miles * +25 Feet


Normally I get discouraged when hiking along the same trail.  However, today was actually a huge relief and I thoroughly enjoyed trekking at Arroyo Verde with Sammi...

Day #869 * Hike #1089 * New Track #855
Universal Studios  California

Universal City Walk
Wednesday April 3, 2013

My Tripometer: 8 Hours * 2.5 Miles * +150 Feet


 We started in the afternoon through Universal City Walk


 We then purchased year passes at Universal Studios






I know some of you won't consider hiking around a theme park as a legit hike, but let me tell you, the constant hard pounding on the concrete is always much more exhausting than any random trail.  I was looking forward to getting in some real elevation at these stairs, but the lower stairs were closed off!

The final three flights were open!

 From the Tram
 


It was a long afternoon but one much needed for our family.  We finalized the evening with a show at Waterworld.  I've prolly seen it a dozen times and I still enjoy it with a passion...

Day #870 - 872 * Hike #1090 - 1092 * Duplicate Tracks
Arroyo Verde - Ventura, CA
Thursday - Saturday April 4 - 6, 2013

Sometimes hiking every day is difficult.  Finding new trails, every day, near impossible.  I'm fortunate that I live next to a park with some legit and intense trails.  Ah, but I just came back from a 9 mile hike today and I am so beat.  Stay tuned as I am back in the swing of it and Mt. Whitney, here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More