Tuesday, March 8, 2016

HART PARK - HOME OF THE BISON

Beachwood Bison
Flashback:

William S. Hart Park
July 24, 2015 - Newhall, CA

Hart Park, Home of the Bison.  Okay - maybe that is not true because we all know Beachwood, Ohio is the Home of the Bison.  That said, the only Bison I've ever seen in Beachwood was my friend Da.. I can't say it, but wonder what ever happened to that guy; hmmm...

Mediterranean Red Bugs
 Today was Ayden's birthday, and going back through the pictures on my cell phone, I found these pics.  I also posted them on Facebook.  I remember walking around downtown Newhall with Jessi earlier that day.  I don't recall why we were there, but I think the main street in Newhall had been used for many Old Western Movie sets.  I couldn't find any of those pictures of the town, that I may have taken that day, but I do remember wandering down the sidewalk, across the back streets and to this park, where a trail began...

Lunch
 Strange bugs on the ground, fruit in the trees.  What else are we going to find?

Bison Trail
The dirt trail from the Hart Park entrance climbed a soft hill to a road, Bison Road.  Sure, let's follow this.  And so we did and what did we find?:
 

GO BISONS!
 ...a whole heard of them.  Okay, I'm not going to act like I was the biggest Beachwood Bison Fan - growing up I did things my way, backyard style.  Huh, still looks like I do them that way.  That said, I hear Bison - I think High School.  Bad or Good - It is what it is.  I prefer good!

No more pictures to share, but if you continue to follow the road higher, there is some sort of old library looking building and then on top, a lookout of sorts.

I guess you could say I was living selfishly for the past few years whereas before, those 1000 hikes, I really was walking them and thinking about how I could take a picture and share it with the world.  The few in between hikes that I am coming across now, don't really capture the full moment.  Shame on me, but at least I give back something - Bison Burgers; Oh No I Didn't...

Ha, see, it was Ayden's Birthday
Happy Belated B-Day Buddy!
Ayden - Age 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More