Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Santa Cruz Island - Channel Islands


Last spring I chaperoned my son on his 5th Grade class trip, to the Channel Islands.  Santa Cruz Island to be exact.  I see these islands on most clear days from my bedroom window, yet up until this day, I have never been.


The trip was a bit disappointing, in regards to only hiking 2 1/2 miles or so.  The long nauseous  boat ride would have warranted a must overnight, but we did not.  Recently, on my hike with Ryan G. to Matilija, he said that he and his wife camped out 4 nights on the Islands!!!  Lucky dogs!  I know the main trail goes for 15 miles up and over to Prisoners Harbor.  My son told me about this place from when he went there with his Jr. Lifeguards.  There is a cave where you can kayak into and well, guess I have to see for myself rather than speculate.


We still had a great time.  I'm glad we went and we did happen to see the island fox.  For sure, i will return to not just this island, but all of them.  But I better hurry.  I'm 41 years old and I really have a lot to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More