Saturday, March 12, 2016

Inviting David Stillman on a hike...


Where is David Stillman?

http://davidstillman.blogspot.com/

Here is a comment that I left on his last blogpost.  His last post was 9 months ago and my comment was made 9 seconds ago.  I did not proofread the comment but for all to know, this is what I wrote:

Jeremy Jacobus here, a/k/a www.calihike.blogspot.com : 1000 Hikes in 1000 Days!

In 2013, I too retired.  Your blog, among others, was motivational for me to make my journey possible.  Like you, I stopped writing about it, mostly because I stopped hiking every single day, which was insane, but I did it.  Topping it off with Mt. Whitney was satisfaction.  Yet, I missed it.  From time to time I check out my blog, tried a few new things, but then I recently read a comment that was left where I inspired someone else to hike 1000 trails in 1000 days.  I looked him up on Facebook, called him and then hiked Matilija with him, camped at Maple.  It was my first such expedition since 2013.  On 1 day notice, I invited a few   old friends and a couple of them tagged along with.  Now this guy is not only hiking every single day, but he is doing so with my old buddies nearly every time.  I honestly don't know how I did it when I did, but I did.  Those guys are in Death Valley right now and although my life is in the way, I cannot join them, I am writing about now what I have done over the past few years, coming across some pictures and forcing them into blogposts.  I also planned another RV trip, and will be heading to hike up Texas in a couple of weeks.  Still, so many unreached places that I have not hit in the Sespe.  You my man, Mr. Stillman, are something else.  If you would like to come out of retirement, I invite you on an excursion - perhaps I'm asking you to lead the expedition.  But with my tenacity - I'll help organize this mission, to find those Indian Caves by McDonald Cabin - to hike from Ant Camp to Piru, etc.  Let's do this.  I offer you openly my cell phone number: 805 701-6123.  Help inspire me, inspire you, to inspire.  At age 41, this mission is not yet accomplished...

***So, whatever that says, I wrote it and I meant it - can't so much remember it since I am drinking wine from New Zealand - Marlborough Country - a very memorable experience that I had in my 1000 Days.

Well, hopefully with the introduction to Chris Novak and his 1000 Hikes, we can get Mr. Stillman out of retirement - even if just for a day.  Never met the guy, read many of his posts - inspired by his hike.  Like in Poker -- "ONE TIME"...  Hit me up Dave and I'll also invite the Sky Hiker too.  He as well, along with the guy that "Nobody Hikes in LA", I recall from those 1000 Days as my own inspirations and motivators.  We all just did this because we do.  I can speak for myself that I made no money doing it and I would pay to do what I do.  Consider, I am a guy motivated by money, you must understand that these outdoors must be very special to me.  I assume they are for you as well.  HIT ME UP, if you see this.  Otherwise, I will haunt, i mean, Hunt you down and force a conversation.  

-I'll meet you at the next camp.  Just go ahead at your pace and know I have the will to meet you there! 

2 comments:

  1. IDM Crack
    IDM Crack (Internet Download Manager) this software is a shareware download manager. It was granted by a company Tonec from America. This company is based in the city of America new York city. This software is only accessible for Microsoft windows. Meanwhile, This software was created on 2 June 2001 about 20 years ago. The size of the software is around 10 MB. This software is available in 15 languages.
    https://sanicrackpc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnyDesk Crack
    AnyDesk Crack License Key is an efficient tool for remote access to computers. Operation speedier pairing between devices that have the app that is connected through the identity registration. In an entirely translated interface in this application, it provides instructions on the basic commands. A clear and focused design, In addition, it has an easy-to-wear style. The screen is ideal for remotely accessed gaming. AnyDesk Crack offers a few options to configure data flow and access. It is also possible to disable visuals when connecting to desktops.
    https://latestcrakedpro.com/

    ReplyDelete

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More