Friday, March 25, 2016

10th Course: Ventura Serra Cross "The Cross" - New Tooth

I chipped my front tooth when I was in 2nd Grade...


DISTANCE

2.62
miles
CLIMB

315 ft


BEGINS IN:
Ventura, CA, United States
CREATED BY:
Jeremy Jacobus Best Time: 41:42
DESCRIPTION:
This is a 2.62 mi route in Ventura, CA, United States. The route has a total ascent of 315.69 ft and has a maximum elevation of 523.98 ft. This route was created byJeremy85135177 on 03/24/2016. View other maps that Jeremy85135177 has done or find similar maps.
TYPE:
Run












Map Options
Map data ©2016 Google
100 m 
    
ELEVATION (ft)00.521.051.572.12.62156234312390468546
START ELEVATION
332 FT
MAX ELEVATION
523 FT
GAIN
315 FT






The Cross


...I was the fastest kid in school, in second grade.  Seemed unfair to play freeze tag because I could not be caught.  For entertainment value I would taunt those who would try to catch me.

I remember the day well.  Scott Foreman was "It".  He was my good friend, lived right down the street and we usually walked to school together, a half-mile, with a group of other boys who also lived on our block.  Yay, back then it was all about walking to school, through rain, snow, whatever.  No fenced in yards - not like how it is out here in Cali...

Scott, frustrated I'm sure, figured out a way to get Jeremy.  This kid was straight A's, probably a Doctor by now, but beyond being book smart, he had some streets.  <~Bam, he swung his school bag and hit me in the face!  Lol, he had an apple in there and it caught me just right - severed my tooth in half!  I caught the tooth before it fell to the ground, Scott said he was sorry, and I said something like, "you have to touch me with your hands, so I'm still not IT..."

I put that tooth in my pocket, but back then I wore house sale clothes, ya know, the ones where mom patches up the knee with a plaid patch.  When I got home to show moms, tooth was gone - fell through the hole in my pocket.

Eventually, Scott's father found out about this.  He offered to fix that tooth for me, but I was like, nah...  He said are you sure --  I was like, it's cool.

The story goes on, will tell, in time, but for this scenario - 34 years later, I finally fixed my tooth.  It cost me $475 - insurance covered the rest.  So Scott, if you are out there, You Owe Me Man!!!

Trailhead

One Day a wave will fill the Avenue...

...If the Matilija Dam to the North ever breaks and the Ventura River floods, The Ventura Ave. District will be wiped out.  If a huge Ocean Wave hits the shore...  Just saying, Good Bye...


Entering the Botanical Garden Area - Ventura...





I and the GPS signal got lost right here...


Off Route...

...In a rush: Heading out on VACA...

1 comment:

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More