Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 991: San Dieguito County Park - Del Mar

Hot Air Balloon above the Soccer Fields...

Day #991 * Hike #1269 * New Track #973
San Dieguito County Park - Del Mar, CA
Saturday August 3, 2013
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 1.75 Miles * +150 Feet


San Dieguito County Park

Directions:
Not far from the Soccer Fields, exit I-5 at Lomas Santa Fe Drive.  Travel East for about a mile and then look for this sign on your left.  Turn left and then turn right into the park.  There is a $3.00 Self Pay Parking Fee here, um, for some...

Trailhead
 When you turn into the park, turn left to reach the back areas and this trail will be all the way up and back...

Don't be a prick...

Lots of space, this could be a long trail?

There are some uphills, not bad...

And then come back down
 There were a couple of different ways to go.  At first I continued higher and it lead me up towards the street.  I then turned back and it guided me toward another section of the park...

You can also reach this area by driving around to a different entrance

Bummer, no water!

Hmm, lets go off trail and climb to the platform

There are easier trails, but I took the Mountaineer way

Platform achieved

Another platform in the distance...

Hiking back to my car; which way do I go?

A different trailhead, but works all the same

Balloons at the Soccer Fields

After the first game, we drove 20 miles to our hotel, checked in, ate lunch and then rounded back to Surf Cup.  We had 1.5 hours before the start so I took the opportunity to get this hike in.  It was well worth it!

The Eagles won their second match game by a score of 1-0.  With one day in the books, things are looking good to make the playoffs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More