Monday, August 5, 2013

Days 979 - 990: All over the place...

Day #979 * Hike #1251 * New Track #964
Saticoy Country Club - Saticoy, CA
Monday July 22,  2013
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet

My 2013 Golf Tour continues.  All of this without actually picking up a club.  Today was a cool down day nearby home after the long weekend journey.  Surprisingly, I was not even sore from the long trip?!  This is a good sign for Mt. Whitney.  The bad news is, I did not lose any weight from this expedition.  Weighing in above 220 is my new norm (40 pounds over weight).

Day 980 & 981: Duplicate hikes at Arroyo Verde


Day #982 * Hike #1254 * New Track #965
Cleland Avenue Bicenntenial Park to Jessica Triangle - Los Angeles, CA
Thursday July 25, 2013
My Tripometer: 0.5 Hours * 1 Mile * +25 Feet


I left work today early to roll out to Universal Studios with my family.  This wasn't a plan getaway, more of a spur of the moment decision.  For that reason, no camera for the day.  Closing in on Day #1000 I advised my wife that it was imperative that we hit up a mile here and there at some random spots.  I noticed Cleland and thought it was Cleveland and said, what the hey.  Bottom line, even without the "V" this little park was about as exciting as my old home town.  Nah, I shouldn't say that.  Cleveland was a cool place and I still love the sports teams.  GO TRIBE!



Day #982 * Hike #1255 * New Track #966
Palmer Park to Adams Square Mini Park - Glendale, CA
Thursday July 25, 2013
My Tripometer: 0.5 Hours * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet


This was basically a walk down Palmer Avenue between two parks.  We overshot Universal and were now making our way back to the studios.  We grabbed a fast food lunch to save on the bizarre prices inside the park.  After the 2 hour delay, we went to Universal until the late summer closing time to complete a duplicate track and Hike #1256...


Day 983: Duplicate Hike in Port Hueneme.  With our Chill Out Fliers expiring at the end of the month, before my night shift began I walked up to the pier, beach and through the park and neighborhoods to distribute the remaining fliers in hopes for a big weekend...


Day #984 * Hike #1258 * New Track #967
More Mesa - Santa Barbara, CA
Saturday July 27, 2013
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2.25 Miles * +75 Feet


http://www.santabarbaraview.com/more-mesa-open-space-and-beach415265/

We drove North to the far end of Santa Barbara near Goleta to check this place out.  With my camera at home, still updating my Mineral King hike, we wandered through the open space trails and made our way to the top of the bluff.  Eventually heading down to the beach itself, this place was quite amazing.  A gem if you will.  I'll need to come back here some day and grab photos of the area.  This is a kid and family friendly area.  It was a great random find!


Day #984 * Hike #1259 * New Track #968
Alice Keck Park Memorial Gardens - Santa Barbara, CA
Alameda Park - Alameda Plaza
Saturday July 27, 2013
My Tripometer: 1.75 Hours * 2.75 Miles * +25 Feet


http://www.santabarbara.com/activities/parks/alicekeck/

Our Santa Barbara tour continued inland to this new find.  Three city blocks of greenery, duck ponds and turtles.  Another cool find and coupled with More Mesa makes this one of my more memorable days in Santa Barbara...


Day #984 * Hike #1260 * New Track #969
Santa Barbara High School to Ortega Park - Santa Barbara, CA
Saturday July 27, 2013
My Tripometer: .75 Hours * 1.5 Miles * +25 Feet


Compared to my previous Saturday, today was a breeze of cake.  Just something to do, to keep the legs moving.  At this point there will be no more strenious climbs until Mt. Whitney.  I figure at this point I am who I am.  I will be battling the large mountain at my heaviest weight.  I suppose this is what I wanted to do.  I just need to keep my legs moving and that's all this walkabout was about...


Day #984 * Hike #1261 * New Track #970
Franklin Park - East Side Neighborhood Park - Sunflower Park - Santa Barbara, CA
Saturday July 27, 2013
My Tripometer: .75 Hours * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet


A three in one special.  This concludes today's adventure in Santa Barbara.  From here, back to Port Hueneme to work the night shift at Chill Out Frozen Yogurt: www.ChillOutFrozenYogurt.com


Day 985: Today was a a full day working the shop.  I had a few extra fliers to hand out so I spent about an hour in the morning duplicating trails, the streets, to lock in a hike before the very long shift...

Day 986: With 14 days to go until Whitney and 30 New Tracks behind, I'm going to need to double up on New Tracks to reach my goal.  Unfortunately today was just good enough for a duplicate walk at Arroyo Verde, but the dogs needed the exercise so we kept it easy...


Day #987 * Hike #1264 * New Track #971
Garden of the Worlds - Estella Park - Beyer Park - Thousand Oaks, CA
Tuesday July 30, 2013
My Tripometer: 1.25 Hours * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet


On the eve of my month end, my most intense day at work, I drove down the street to the Gardens and gained entrance before they closed.  I hiked past here once before, on this blog, but it was after closing time.  The views inside are even more remarkable than the picture I took outside the gates a few months ago.  This alone did not accumulate to a mile so I knocked off a couple of other parks in the immediate area to complete today's task.  Estella Park was once the home of where I played Basket Ball with the guys after work.  Beyer Park is nothing more than a tiny neighborhood baseball diamond and small playground...


Day 988:  Month End and first day of the fair.  Although I'm certain I walked several miles in total, I'm pretty sure I did not accumulate more than one new mile from my visit last year.  Hence, a duplicate hike...

Day 989 & 990: Dog walking at Arroyo Verde Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More