Sunday, March 20, 2011

DAY 124: BEYOND CAMINO REAL

DAY 124: BEYOND CAMINO REAL
Date: Friday March 18, 2011
Miles: 2.5 Miles
Elevation Gain: 50 Feet
Time: 1.5 Hours
Difficulty: Only if you go off trail; bring your kids & dogs!
Reward: Just being outside with my son for 124 days in a row!
Description: Walking along the sidewalk but trying desperately to reach the tree houses below!
Where: Ventura, CA
Directions: From the 101 in Ventura, exit on Main Street and drive west toward the Mall.  Turn right on Mills and turn right on Dean.  At the stop sign the street ends but Dean turns right.  Go that way and follow the street back around to the left.  You will see Camino Real Park about a quarter mile down on the right.  Turn in and for this hike, turn left by the tennis courts.  Just before exiting the park, park the car and begin hiking out of the park...







We tried to reach the tree houses but they were not accessible from the trail.  We did find a way to reach the ravine area, but it we couldn't switch back through the thick.  When I was done with the 1-mile in and out hike, I spent another mile plus retracing footsteps and took my son to the park.  My adventures in Camino Real are now complete.  Time to search for some new hiking grounds...

Day 123: Thursday the 17th, St. Patty's Day!  4.5 Miles +700 Feet {Behind Work}
No green beer, cabbage or corned beef this year.  On my lunch break, I hiked behind my work to complete the section of open space between McCloud & St. Charles Drive.  I did this once before and ended up by a tree.  This time I did not have a camera but I ended up at the National Park Headquarters; a place I drove to on day one to obtain free hiking maps that began all this madness.  Although I still have some trails remaining to complete on those maps, I've taken my adventures to the open space...

After work, I walked another 2+ miles with my family and dogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More