Wednesday, June 1, 2011

DAY 196: Oak Canyon Community Park



DAY 196: Oak Canyon Community Park
Date: Sunday May 29, 2011
Miles: 3.5
Elevation Gain: 250 Feet
Time: 2 Hours
Difficulty: Easy
Reward: Duck, duck, duck, goose ..swan, turtles, fish, etc...
Description: Walk around the pond and then venture off along the trails
Where: Oak park, CA
Directions:From the 101 Freeway in Agoura Hills, exit on Kannan and head north toward Oak Park.  Several miles up Kanan you will intersect the traffic light with Holly Tree Drive.  Turn right and the park entrance will be immediately on the left.


I discovered this area on  DAY 107 .  Click the link for some awesome pictures.  Unlike my visit from a few months ago where I hiked for several miles before finding this nice spot, I drove right to the park entrance today.  I was accompanied by my wife, son, niece and a baby that my wife was watching.  The father has specifically requested that I do not show this baby on my blog.  However, if you've ever seen the Etrade commercials with the talking baby, this kid looks like him...

 Ducks swimming with a turtle

 Ayden being Ayden

 Follow the trail at the back of the park

 Nicely shaded, cool trees..

 Leads to a large field; is that a horse?

 Follow the paved road up to the top...

On a hot day, I would advise that you hike the dirt trail that parallels the road under shade.  Then loop back and Heely down the road.  We hiked to the intersection of Bromely & Napoleon.  I will return and explore the beyond.  I also found signs that read: Rock Ridge Open Space.   I will look into this...

Soccer wrap up:  Alyssa's Ventura Vipers lost their early game to the Camarillo Eagles, a club soccer team.  However, their 2-1 record was good enough to qualify them for the Championship Game where they faced off again against the Camarillo Eagles.  The Viper beat the Eagles 2-1 to win their third Tournament in a row!  Alyssa had a huge assist to give the Vipers the lead.  She broke away and dribbled down the far side.  The Eagle opponent ran stride for stride but when the Eagle went for the move, Alyssa ran right through her!  The 10 year old Eagle flipped into the air and Alyssa kept going and then crossed the ball into the middle where her teammate shot for goal; GOALLLLLLLLLL!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More