Monday, January 22, 2018

Salida - Arkansas River Rapids

Arkansas River Rapids

The obvious thing to do out here is to go white water rafting.  However, with Ayden's broken arm, I think not.  Instead:

Oh Deer!


Alpine Park - Salida

Our Hike

We were on our way to the Gunnison River in the Curecanti National Recreation Area, but we saw this sign and decided to take a quick turn:


Another unscheduled stop, but why not?!



What an interesting little town.  Not all rich going upkeep like Vail or Aspen, but down to earth real for enthusiast like myself.  In fact, my Uncle Fred who lives in Denver had told me that one of the places he once considered moving to was Salida.  I completely get it...








Salida is the last town between Colorado Springs and the Gunnison back wilderness.  Pretty awesome location if you like the outdoors but need a nearby town to socialize.  There is a Walmart off the main highway so although you won't have your fancy shopping mall, Salida is livable in some regard.  It's not the town for me however, but sure glad I stopped by for a visit.


To the East we go, the afternoon must be upon us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More