Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Hikes of Georgia

Discover Georgia

Click on the Image to Stalk My Hike!



1. Stone Mountain Park - Hotlanta
(Lazy Hiker)

Many options here for the Diapers & the Climbers.  Initially we thought about renting bikes from the nearby town but opted not to because the shop didn't open up for another hour.  As we ventured off on foot through the back trails, several bicyclist passed us by.  But all things happen for a reason, right?!  Past the woodlands, a great big stone appeared.  One where bike should not go, but we did!  Yes, we climbed this interesting white Stone Mountain and glided back down on the gondola.  I want to see a bike do that!  Our adventure continued some 7 miles and completely exhausted Ayden.  This route would be classified for the Climb Hiker, but since the majority of the activity is within the Lazy Hiker range, I went easy on it to not dissuade the novice adventurer.





2. Brasstown Bald - Georgia's Highest Point
(Lazy Hiker)

Located in the Chattahoochee National Forest, Georgia's highest peak does not require an experienced climber to reach the top.  The round trip is over a mile and will gain you over 600 feet, so don't take it too lightly.  I must say, up to this point of all the high peaks that I have reached, this one may actually be the coolest.  I imagined what it might be like on the Great Wall of China - need to be summoned as a Hike Stalker for that!  At Brasstown Bald, I imagine being at war, defending our land - this is a stronghold and we must fight off anyone attempting to storm our castle.  Have a good time here and let the imagination soar - this is a worthwhile accomplishment for all!





3. Covington - Mystic Falls - Vampire Diaries
(Diaper Hiker)

On the set of the Vampire Diaries, which was for a time my wife's favorite show, the Lost Girls go on tour.  Meanwhile, us Lost Boys (Ayden & I) were hiking Stone Mountain to bring you a two for one.  This may be perhaps the only hike of the many thousands found on this blog that I did not partake in.  Nonetheless, my wife is part of me and this was her experience.  I think the show has since cancelled, but the town is still there, so go take a visit.






4. Lake Lanier
(Diaper Hiker)

I'm certain that if you are a resident of Atlanta or any of the surrounding suburbs, you have been to Lake Lanier.  We merely stopped by and got stuck by a gated community.  However, I do know there are public beaches and ways to boat around this massive pond.  Unfortunately, I did not have time in my agenda to give this more than a glance.  If one will request the HikeStalker, I shall return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More