Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 698: Mt. Sac - Mount San Antonio College - Walnut, CA

Mt. Sac (Mount San Antonio College)

Day #698 * Hike #839 * New Track #676
Sunday October 14, 2012
Mt. Sac - Mount San Antonio College - Walnut, CA
My Tripometer: 3 Hours * 3.25 Miles * +350 Feet
 Ayden with his older teammate Brody
(Or as how Ayden calls him, Broly)

Directions:
From the I-10 east of Los Angeles, take exit 38 Grand Ave. and head south for about 5 minutes.  The cross-country course for Mt. Sac will be on your left.  Mt. Sac is the race of all races in cross-country.  It will test your will and push you to the limit...

 The first and easiest hill...

 This also serves as an obstacle course...

 Time to open up your legs...

 Skipping ahead to the third and final hill
(Switchbacks - Really!!!)

 Sorry that this came out blurry

 Finishing the walk thru

 Ayden running with his eyes closed

 Nearing the finish, he wakes up!

A strong finish!
This was one big run! 

**Rewind:
Day #697 * Hike #838 * New Track #675
Saturday October 13, 2012
??? - Sherman Oaks, CA
My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 1.75 Miles * +50 Feet
Today I raced in an obstacle course to test my endurance for a TV show.  Due to a confidentiality disclosure, I am not allowed to reveal the location or the show.  About a week earlier I filmed an on camera interview for this show in Hollywood.  I guess they liked me because they invited me out to this challenge.
They separated people in random groups.  In the swim test, I went up against two others and destroyed the field.  The length was no more than 25 meters but I won this heat by at least 8 meters!!
Next, I raced against a field of five in an obstacle course.  I Won, I Won!!!  Now, this doesn't guarantee my spot on the show but it can't hurt the fact that I won these events.  I must say, all of this cross country running in addition to my hiking has made this all very possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More