Saturday, October 20, 2012

Days 691 - 696: Posilipo Lane - Oak Creek - Montecito

Alyssa throwing a Frisbee with her deformed arm

**Alyssa may have to remain in the hospital for 7 weeks!  The doctors are still unclear if the antibiodics are helping her or not.  They haven't determined the cause of the infection and basically are just giving her medicine every other hour...  My wife is by her side 24-7.


Day #691 * Hike #832 * New Track #674
Sunday October 7, 2012
Posilipo Lane Beach - Oak Creek - Montecito, CA
My Tripometer: 3 Hours * 1.5 Miles * +25 Feet
 Trailhead / Beach Entrance

Directions:
From the 101 Freeway in Montecito (just south of Santa Barbara), exit on San Ysidro and turn towards the left on Eucalyptus Lane.  At the stop sign just on the other side of the freeway, turn left and parallel the 101 for about a half mile.  At the next stop sign, turn right on Poilipo Lane, your only other choice at this stop sign is to enter the 101.  Cross the train tracks and park your car.  Proceed to the beach...

 The Beach to the East towards Summerland

 The Beach to the West, where we were yesterday.

I told Jess about this place and she brought Alyssa up here earlier and parked off Eucalyptus Lane.  Ayden and I were coming back from Simi Valley so rather than parking next to her, I was difficult to create a new hike, a loop if you will...

 Good Times!



 Zoomed in on the bluffs at Lookout Park (Day 210) in Summerland

 Hey, it's California!!!

 A Church; Hiking back through the streets...

 Prime Beachfront Property; condemned?

 The gates were open - let's hike back there...

I  wonder what happened and what the future is for this place?
There must be nearly 100 acres of prime real estate not being utilized?  We hiked back to the street, crossed Oak Creek to reach the car.  In My Honest Opinion, Montecito is one of the nicest placed to visit - to live!  Oprah lives somewhere in town so she must know what's up!!
Day #692 & 693 * Hike #833 & 834 * Duplicate Tracks
Monday & Tuesday October 8 & 9, 2012
VC Express at Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2.5 Miles * +250 Feet
I've been loosing on average a pound a week since joining the VC Express.  We had a couple of hard workouts...
Day #694 & 695 & 696 * Hike #835 & 836 & 837* Duplicate Tracks
Wednesday & Thursday & Friday October 10 & 11 & 12, 2012
Kimball Park - Ventura, CA
Wednesday:
Over the last couple of days, Jess has been running so on my day off from VC Express, I met her at Kimball Park after work to run a hard mile.  It has been a long while since I ran for an actual time.  My goal today was to break into the six minute range.  Here are my quarter splits:
1.44.27
1.46.76
1.45.99
1.34.33  6.51.35 One Mile Time
I did it!  My goal is to keep running after Ayden's season is over and attempt to lower this time to a PR under 6:00.  I will be 38 years-old next month and I am on pace to be in the best shape of my life by age 50...
Jess ran with me for the first two quarters but I stopped hearing her breath after that.  She finished the run 36.68 seconds behind me in 7.28.03.  **She ran the mile earlier that day in 7.21.  One thing about Jess, she's not very fast but she can keep a 7.30 mile pace for like 5 miles.  I don't think I am able to do that...
Thursday:
VC Express held their practice at Kimball because Arroyo Verde was being used for the High School Cross Country Meet.  This practice was intentionally very easy today in preparation for the upcoming Mt. Sac run this weekend...
Friday:
Leaving Ziggy at home, I ran with Sammi for about 2 miles at Kimball.  This wasn't a timed run.  My goal was to keep my legs fresh for tomorrow's Obstacle Course...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More