Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 656: Lake Elsinore

Awesome Backwards Somersault with the water trailing...

Day #656 * Hike #781 * New Track #645
Sunday September 2, 2012
Lake Elsinore, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet
 
 Lake Elsinore from Ortega Highway

 Trailhead

Directions:
From the I-5 Freeway, exit on Ortega Highway (the 74) and travel east up and over the Cleveland National Forest.  The drive will take you about 40 minutes to reach the lake.  The city and beaches are on the far side, another 10 minute drive.  The I-15 runs through this small town so it may present you with an alternative route in.

Regarding the trailhead, we pulled off the road somewhere, private property I suppose, and I walked around...

 Action on the lake

 What can I say, I was hungry!

 Black Sand Beach ~ Am I in Hawaii???

 Further down the road, we find a legit beach

 Is this the "Real Wrangler" from last night in San Juan Capistrano?

The Beach
 
The water was warm, much more tolerable than the cold Pacific.  However, it was dirty and smelled like oil from the jet skies.  It was still the morning hour so I can only imagine how the beach would pack up later in the afternoon - especially being that it was Labor Day weekend.  I believe I read somewhere that Lake Elsinore is the Largest natural lake in Southern California.  Maybe, but I'd prefer going up north to visit Bass Lake.  Still, cool experience but time to head back to the Capistrano to see if Alyssa's Eagles could pull it off...

1 comment:

  1. The man had packed his suitcase and was ready to travel abroad to his holiday residence. Family members long thought he was abroad. That was the reason the man could lie here so long before being found.

    Flights to Lilongwe
    Cheap Flights to Lilongwe
    Cheap Air Tickets to Lilongwe

    ReplyDelete

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More