Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 669: Will Rogers State Beach - Temescal Canyon - Palisdades Park - Pacific Palisades - Swarthmore

Sunset at Will Rogers Beach

Day #669 * Hike #802 * New Track #659
Saturday September 15, 2012
Swarthmore - Pacific Palisades, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet
 Adyen

Earlier that morning, Ayden ran in a 3k run at Corriganville, Simi Valley.  From there, he participated in his Club Diving lessons, also in Simi.  --The Day was just beginning...

 Fire on the 405

 Fire Chopper

 The plains swarmed the area...

There were at least 3 plains landing in the ocean and then flying right back to the scene to control this blaze.  With a vast populated area nearby, they couldn't take any chances.

While I was with Ayden in Simi this morning, my wife was in San Dimas with Alyssa who was competing in a soccer game.  The task to rendezvous in the Pacific Palisades was not easy.  I tried taking Sunset from the 405 to the PCH but the route was closed.  I drove in circles and in heavy traffic while my wife tried to navigate the directions over the cell phone...
 Palisades Park - Great Workout - Getting Closer!

We finally met up and made a purchase on some restaurant equipment for the Chill Out Frozen Yogurt shop.  Our hike began in the downtown district of Pacific Palisades...

 Yogurt sampling (on Swarthmore)

 A unique juice bar

 Woof!

 Dolphin Walk

 Small park in town

Day #669 * Hike #803 * New Track #660
Saturday September 15, 2012
Will Rogers State Beach - Pacific Palisades, CA
Temescal Canyon - Palisdades Park
My Tripometer: 1.75 Hours * 1.5 Miles * +75 Feet


 Free Parking on Temescal Canyon Road - Scenic walk to PCH

 Temescal Canyon - Palisdades Park

 Santa Monica in the distance

 Romance at sunset

 Here come the waves!

 Lookout!!!

My Jess
***Long Drive back to Ventura...  At this point, I am exhausted.  Hiking, Running, Working, Driving = Everyday - No day off....  I'm still 8 days behind on my blog, but I need some sleep - Good Night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More