Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 657: Seal Beach

Prepare for a battle versus the wave!

Day #657 * Hike #786 * New Track #650
Monday September 3, 2012
Seal Beach - Seal Beach, CA
My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 1.5 Miles * +25 Feet
 
 Alyssa Proves that she is still the strongest

 Seal Statue on the Pier

 I walked this way while the kids played...

 Looking out towards Long Beach

 The waves are in action!

 A view from the pier

 Long Beach to the north or west of Seal Beach?



 Water is cooler here than San Clemente...

 ...but that didn't stop me

 He lands on his feet!

Beached Whale...
 
Okay. I know that's a horrible thing to say, but it's true.  I was being pummeled by a large wave to the point that water shot up my nose and into my brain.  I felt like I was under for a minute, no control, at the mercy of the force.  I banged the ground, held my breath and prayed for it to be over.  Finally, I came to my senses and began to wobble back.  At that moment, this lady was stuck in the sand.  The waves continued to roll in and she rolled back and forth.  Her knees were submerged in sand and she could not get up.  So, there I was - Saving her.  These waves were brutal and they were really coming close to swallowing her back out to sea.
 
I bent down, conscious of my back, and then lifted her to her feet.  It was less than a month ago when I saved my neighbor, and here I go again!  Finally, the lifeguard joined me as I helped her back to her towel on the beach.  So I guess I am now a junior lifeguard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More